Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

"Signs of Pregnancy"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

"Signs of Pregnancy" Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

"Signs of Pregnancy" Empty
PostSubject: "Signs of Pregnancy"   "Signs of Pregnancy" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Signs of Pregnancy
by:Dr.Debbie Jensen

My dogs give me signs, shortly after breeding to let me know that they are pregnant.
Yours may show some or all of these signs too.

1. Her vulva will stay slightly swollen after their heat ends.

2. Her nipples will be more pronounced and hard.

3. You will notice a big change in her temperament. She may get quieter or lazy or more loving

4. 2 weeks after breeding they may experience morning sickness. It can last a week or so. Give her saltene crackers before she gets out of bed and a few throughout the day

By now I know they are pregnant.

Your vet has to wait until day 28-32 of her pregnancy, to palpate the abdomen.

To do this lay your dog on her side, slide one palm beneath her and your other palm over her other side, just below her ribs. Gently squeeze your palms together and feel for little golf balls, these are puppies. If you become good at this, you will be able to count the puppies.

5. In the 4th week you may notice thickening of her sides, between her ribs and hip bone.

6. She may start to show any time after 5 weeks. Larger breeds may carry the pups up in her rib cage so it might not be so easy to notice.

7. Most dogs show at 6-7 weeks. You may notice a normal discharge somewhere in the last couple of weeks. The discharge is clear and has the consistency of thick vaseline and is oderless.

If you notice a discharge that is green or bloody and fowl smelling seek a vet.

8. In the 8th week you can fell the puppies kick and turn around. I just love this part.

9. If you own a stethoscope you can hear heartbeats in the 8th week. It sounds like short quick tic,tic,tic,tic,tic. I have learned to tell a sex of pup this way. Males tic faster. Like in Morse code, males are the dot, females are the dash.

You can count pups too.

10. Its safe to get an x-ray in the 8th week, but not just to count pups. Do it only if you suspect she may have a small birth canal which may present a problem.

11. In the 9th week her belly will start to change shape. It appears to lay lower to the ground. This is caused from the pups lining up in the uterine horns. In a human is called when the belly drops.

The 9th week lasts forever, by now you should have started recording her temperature, and have all your whelping supplies on hand. Her bed needs to be ready for the big day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

PostSubject: Re: "Signs of Pregnancy"   "Signs of Pregnancy" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:35 pm

nice info sir,,
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

"Signs of Pregnancy" Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

PostSubject: Re: "Signs of Pregnancy"   "Signs of Pregnancy" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:10 pm

lemuel0909 wrote:
nice info sir,,
thanks sir sinubukan ko before yung #9 and totoo nga magkaiba yung heartbeat ng male and female Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

PostSubject: Re: "Signs of Pregnancy"   "Signs of Pregnancy" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 pm

nasa tiyan palang po ba sir?
galing naman,,haha
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Signs of Pregnancy"   "Signs of Pregnancy" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Signs of Pregnancy"
Page 1 of 1