Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DAWGSTYLE
PEP
Staff

PEP  Staff
DAWGSTYLE

Male
Location SIDEWALK

Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? Empty
PostSubject: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:28 am

PARA SA INYONG DAGDAG KAALAMAN
What are the signs seen with Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?

Parvovirus infection is a serious disease that affects the gastrointestinal or cardiac systems of dogs. Parvo is a highly contagious and often sudden viral disease; puppies are particularly susceptible. Learn what the common clinical signs are in this FAQ.

ANSWER: There are three main manifestations of Parvovirus infection:

INTESTINAL - This virus causes extreme damage to the intestinal tract, causing sloughing of the cells that line the tract. This can leave the patient open to secondary bacterial infection. Most of the affected dogs (85%) are less than one year old and between 6-20 weeks old -- before the full set of vaccinations can be given. The death rate from infection is reported to be 16-35% in this age group...

The intestinal signs may include:

* Lethargy or listless behavior
* Vomiting
* Loss of appetite
* Diarrhea - usually bloody, and very foul-smelling
(a characteristic odor, particular to Parvovirus infection)
* Intussusception - when a section of the inflamed intestinal tract telescopes into itself.
This is an emergency.
* Fever

CARDIAC - This form of the disease is much less common than the intestinal form due to widespread vaccination. Severe inflammation and necrosis (cell death), of the heart muscle causes breathing difficulty and death in very young puppies ( less than 8 weeks of age). Older dogs that survive this form have scarring in the heart muscle.

ASYMTOMATIC - No signs seen. Common in dogs over 1 year of age and vaccinated dogs.

The incubation from exposure to seeing the clinical signs varies from 3 to 10 days. After the incubation period, the onset of clinical signs (vomiting/diarrhea, lethargy) is often sudden, usually 12 hours or less.

As always, if you suspect that your pet is sick or "not himself or herself", please contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. For quick-onset diseases such as Parvo, time is critical; initiating treatment quickly may just be the difference between life and death.

If you know or suspect that your pet has been exposed to Parvo, please call your veterinarian to check your pet's vaccination status and what preemptive measures may be taken to protect your pet...

SANA PO ITO AY MAKATULONG SA INYO....

Back to top Go down
blacklisted26
PEP
Staff

PEP  Staff
blacklisted26

Male
Location Rosario Pasig

PostSubject: Re: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Just lost mine this morning dahil sa parvo... Sad

Ingatan nyo mga aso nyo sa virus na to...
Mahirap na mamatayan ng aso off guard...

Please Read this thread carefully don't let any chance parvo virus consume your dog...
gaya nga ng sabi ni boss Dawg
" initiating treatment quickly may just be the difference between life and death."

Back to top Go down
cheeeeese
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
cheeeeese

Male
Location Batangas, Sto.Tomas, Lipa, Calamba

PostSubject: Re: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 pm

nako tsk tsk Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:37 pm

luckily our dog survived this one.. ingat tayo sa mga sakit na gustong kunin alaga natin. Very Happy

beks. condolence.
Back to top Go down
roma09
roma09

Male
Location pineda pasig city

PostSubject: Re: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:09 am

felmor wrote:
luckily our dog survived this one.. ingat tayo sa mga sakit na gustong kunin alaga natin. Very Happy

beks. condolence.

anung breed ng aso nio ?
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 am

roma09 wrote:
felmor wrote:

beks. condolence.

anung breed ng aso nio ?

yung maliit.. yung cross ng minipin at nalimot ko. wahaha
Back to top Go down
roma09
roma09

Male
Location pineda pasig city

PostSubject: Re: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:58 pm

felmor wrote:
roma09 wrote:
felmor wrote:

beks. condolence.

anung breed ng aso nio ?

yung maliit.. yung cross ng minipin at nalimot ko. wahaha

nice ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?   Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Signs of Parvovirus (Parvo) infection?
Page 1 of 1