para sa mga newbie sa T's na gaya ko, we need to measure the pros and cons of keeping these pets so that we know what were getting into.. Pros and cons of keeping a tarantula as pets: (applies to scorps as well)Pros:1. Happiness Gained
- the joy you'll receive from keeping them 2. Less Maintenance
- setup, feeding & cleaning (less work = more happiness) 3. Less Space
- generally they can be housed on small enclosures, so a big space is no issue. 4. Clean and Silent
- no barking, scratching and grooming. 5. Interesting and Educational
- can be a great subject of photography and biology. 6. Appreciation
- you may be viewed as smart and cool by people who appreciates exotic pets. 7. Science
- you can apply taxidermy on your deceased pets.
link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Cons:1. Highly Addicting
- once you got one, you'll want more. 2. GF will be freaked out
- I think it is unusual for your lady not to be scared in a 5'+' Invert
(if she likes it too, then she's definitely a keeper
, if not then prepare for a lengthy explanation/debate.
- people may think that you are weird or eccentric. 4. Dangerous
- depends on the species & if your allergic to their venom. 5. Disliked
- people who dislikes this type of pet will scorn you for keeping it, well, people can't appreciate what they can't understand. 6. Escape
- can damage the natural ecosystem if escaped and bred. so be responsible 7.
Registration for DENR permit???
- no comment so...
for me, the pros outweighs the cons, so it is definitely worth it..
note: these are my opinion only (based on what I've read) and it is open for constructive criticism.
add nyo lang guys if may naisip kayong iba, mag ipon ng idea para sa mga newbies na gaya ko..cheers!..