Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
judefernando
judefernando

Male
Location Manila

Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders Empty
PostSubject: Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders   Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi guys, I am getting 2 scorps to start (h.longimanus and p.imperator.

Can I feed them dubia exclusively?
Can 5instar up longi and imperator eat adult dubias?
Is it ok if they eat juvenile dubias or smaller ones in more quantity?

Since I will keeponly 2 scorps for now, I dont want to breed a colony of lats! I can find sellers who will only sell a few lats to last a month. This is one reason why I am considering dubia because I can buy a few when needed even though they are expensive.
Back to top Go down
emmilione
emmilione

Male
Location Alabang/Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders   Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:16 am

You can feed them with just dubia.
But for me, its still best to feed them varied diet.
Back to top Go down
Vacuum
Super

Super  Moderator
Vacuum

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders   Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 am

dubia is ok to feed your scorps,take note dubia is harder to breed than latteralis if i were you buy a colony of lats and a colony of crickets, then go for the suggestion of emmilione Very Happy and regarding about your questions there's no worries on 5i P.imperator to eat adult dubia
Back to top Go down
aracsur23
Pet Master
Pet Master
aracsur23

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders   Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 pm

judefernando wrote:
Hi guys, I am getting 2 scorps to start (h.longimanus and p.imperator.

Since I will keeponly 2 scorps for now, I dont want to breed a colony of lats! I can find sellers who will only sell a few lats to last a month. This is one reason why I am considering dubia because I can buy a few when needed even though they are expensive.

i agree with emmillione... your scorps will most likely to meet their needed nutrition if their diet is varied.. i suggest you feed them also mealworms, crickets,and lats if possible.. but it's also okay to feed them just dubias... i also suggest to gutload your dubias at least 24 hours prior to feeding them to your scorps..
Back to top Go down
Arvin
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Arvin

Male
Location Caloocan

PostSubject: Re: Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders   Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm

judefernando wrote:

yes sir..if you find it more convenient.

A note on feeding - it is much better if you give something that is half the size of the scorpion..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders   Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie scorpion owner question regarding keeping feeders
Page 1 of 1