Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Bite from Poecilotheria genus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

Bite from Poecilotheria genus Empty
PostSubject: Bite from Poecilotheria genus   Bite from Poecilotheria genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:25 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This Article from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Poecilotheria pederseni
Reported by: Henrik Wessel Frank
"Funny Yesteday I was doing a photosession, with my pokes. And it all went well.........until I took out the P. Pederseni. I tried to put it right on the tree trunk but it started to run away...after putting it back 3 or 4 times it went crazy and bit me twice in the hand. Hmm the first time it had happened to me, the pain was not so big as expected. I was pretty painful for 3-4 hour but then it stopped whirring and Today I have 4 small holes but no more red skin and only a little pain. BUT... I got the photo uhuuu !!!"
Back to top Go down
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

PostSubject: Bites from Poecilotheria Regalis (NASTY BITES!!!)   Bite from Poecilotheria genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:30 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This Article from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Poecilotheria regalis
Reported by: Wayne Kettlewell
"I have just been had by a regalis, about 4 inch in legspan. Trying to re- organise its tank and it cought me on my little finger on my left hand. First bite in 11 years in this hobby. the sensation at first was a sharp (hot feeling) pain in the finger, although not enough to throw the T across the room, if you get what i mean. It hurt as though pins'n'needles were going through the finger. It bled for a few minutes but that did not last long. All i feel now, 25 minutes later is a strong, yet mildy painful pins an needles feeling. My finger has swollen a little but not a great deal and it seems to be the tophalf of the finger that is infected by this sensation. I can no longer type with that finger. I feel excited and curious at this event, the size and temperature of my digit seems to have increased and it is still throbbing with the pins and needle effect."
The next day he added: "Well i am still here.

I went to bed just after writing my initial post and the girlfreind took away some of the pain whistling). (Can't have pain without pleasure).

When it happend my finger did swell a little but that has gone now, although there is a little redness on the finger. It is tender to touch but feels stiff when i move it. Apart from that i have had no other effects. I am guesing that venom was injected because of the sensation i felt in my finger, if there was no venom i would imagine that it would have the same effect as sticking a pin in it, but this tingled (Painfully) and throbbed. No other parts of tmy body was effected. It was an unusual feeling, quite difficult to describe. I should also mention that i had a few glasses of wine so no doubt the alcohol would have subdued the pain and maybe even counteracted with any venom. Who knows?"

Four days after the initial bite, he added some apparent after effects:
"If you recall I mentioned that I was bitten by a 4 inch regalis last week and reported no particular problems other than a sore finger, of which the discomfort is slowly disappearing. I have now noticed one or 4 other things. Now whether they are related to this bite I simply don't know, only those who have been bitten before maybe able to comment. 2 nights ago approximately 24 hours after the bite my right calf muscle seized for approx. 5 minutes. I put this down to a simple muscle cramp. (Had them before but not for a few years). At approx. 6am in the morning I had another in the same leg. Now this got me thinking if it was related to the T bite. That day I seemed very tired, exhausted and wanted to sleep, but I plodded on. The next day, still tired I finished work at 12pm dozed on the sofa and at around 3pm I got the same cramp, only this time in my left calf, later that day a muscle in my lower jaw temporarily seized during a yawn.

I have never had so many muscle cramps/seizures in such a short space of time. I was wandering if anyone else who has suffered bites, particularly a poke has experienced the same or similar? I know someone mentioned that someone had but I forget the name.

Don't mean to bore you with this but I do know that there are peoples out there collecting this sort of info. And I thought I might be worth mentioning, but again I cannot say if it were related to the bite. Both Calf muscles are still sore, but WOW!! what a few days I have had."

Species: Poecilotheria regalis
Reported by: Bryant Capiz
He was feeding a baby regalis (about 2.5"), and he got a little too close (apparently the spider mistook his thumb for food). It held on for 20-30 seconds. After that, he took benadryl and laid down for a nap (it was in the morning that the bite occured). He didn't wake up until that evening... He could hardly walk (walked like granny), knees were stiff, chest was tight, breathing heavily. He went to the doctor (at the insistance of others, he didn't really want to go). They didn't really have any idea what to do, so they flushed his system with two or three bags of saline. The kept him overnight for observation, but there were no effects after that evening.
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Poecilotheria genus   Bite from Poecilotheria genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 am

hello richard, i think instead of making species bite threads, it would be better pag by genus, let me merge your threads thank you.
Back to top Go down
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Poecilotheria genus   Bite from Poecilotheria genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:43 am

felmor wrote:
hello richard, i think instead of making species bite threads, it would be better pag by genus, let me merge your threads thank you.

Okay...thanks bro. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Poecilotheria genus   Bite from Poecilotheria genus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bite from Poecilotheria genus
Page 1 of 1