Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Bite from Aphonopelma genus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

Bite from Aphonopelma genus Empty
PostSubject: Bite from Aphonopelma genus   Bite from Aphonopelma genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:40 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This article came from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Aphonopelma chalcodes
Reported by: Bill Azevedo
"I've been bitten three times by Aphonopelma chalcodes--field-collected specimens. One was a "good" bite--both fangs penetrated. The puncture hurt, and there was lots of blood dripping. The other two were "lesser" bites--I jerked away before they got a good bite--mostly just one fang penetrated. All were on my hand. No long- term effects. The most severe symptom was an ache that spread only as far as my elbow, and if I hadn't been actively paying attention, I'm not sure if I would have noticed. The most noticeable effect was the puncture wound I think--the fangs are like large tacks, and that hurts."

Back to top Go down
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

PostSubject: Bite from Aphonopelma vogeli   Bite from Aphonopelma genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:43 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This Article from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Aphonopelma vogeli
Reported by: Chad Ray
"I was bitten when I as a kid (7 or 8 years old). NO bad side effects though. My hand swelled up for 2 days, and then it was ok. The tarantula even lived, and I let it go. It was a local Aphonopelma, (behlei?)."
He later added:

"I have sense identified the spider as Aphonopelma vogeli, and it has been tenativly confirmed by Brent Hendrixon (Texas A&M guy). As an amendment, or more of an in depth report, I was bitten on the finger. The finger swelled more than anything, and had a pins and needles feeling. The finger was so swollen that it turned whitish, because the blood circulation was so hindered. It was also the most itchy I have ever been in my life. One side of my finger got a bit chapped from the rubbing, but some lotion cured all that. It did go away after a few days, and there were no other ill effects."
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Aphonopelma genus   Bite from Aphonopelma genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 am

topic merge. Smile edited title from to genus. Smile
Back to top Go down
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Aphonopelma genus   Bite from Aphonopelma genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 am

felmor wrote:
topic merge. Smile edited title from to genus. Smile

THANKS bro... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Aphonopelma genus   Bite from Aphonopelma genus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bite from Aphonopelma genus
Page 1 of 1