Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Bites from Haplopelma Genus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

Bites from Haplopelma Genus Empty
PostSubject: Bites from Haplopelma Genus   Bites from Haplopelma Genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This Article from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Haplopelma lividum
Reported by: Bryant Capiz
He was cleaning out the dead cricket remains from, and a 4" cobalt ran up the tongs, bit his thumb, then ran back in the cage. It was apparently a dry bite, because there was no reaction (other than the holes in his thumb).

Species: Haplopelma lividum
Reported by: Lee Ungeran
"Anyway, the bite I sustained was from the cobalt (big suprise)...
From what I undertstand, it's a female (another suprise, hehe). She's the biggest of all my T's, and she's much more colourful than what I had been told--really, really blue on parts of the legs and abdomen. Anyhow, I knew that she was an aggressive species from different people but I wasn't expecting what I encountered.

About a month ago, my girlfriend had come to the apartment to hang out for a bit and she wanted to see the rose hair (it's her favorite). As she was looking in on her, I noticed that the cobalt's tank was becoming increasingly tangled with web, to the point where it was getting difficult to see even the substrate. I always keep her well fed, and I mist the tank about twice a week, along with her water dish being filled. Normally she just comes out of her enclosure for a second, then races back in if there's a disturbance. I just kind of peripherally used my index finger to sweep some of the webbing form near the top of the tank and she bolted for me. In the length of less than a second, she had tagged my right hand about three times, as well as blindly striking at the side of the aquarium. My girlfriend was laughing her (censored) off.

At any rate, the initial bites felt to me like weird electric shocks--it's hard to explain. They hurt like hell, but not in the way I would've expected. I had some pre-concieved notions about what a tarantula bite would feel like, but I was off the mark a bit.

Later on, my girlfriend and I went out for a coffee, and that's when I really started to feel discomfort; my hand where I had been bitten started to really ache, and I had started to get a headache (then again, I was with my girlfriend, so...).

In the long run, all I suffered was a bit of dead skin, as well as a newfound respect for my own (censored) <>. The day I was bitten, I remember cranking Slayer all day. Loud. I wonder if she hates metal music?"
Back to top Go down
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

Bites from Haplopelma Genus Empty
PostSubject: Bite from Haplopelma Minax   Bites from Haplopelma Genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This Article from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Thai Black
Reported by: Terry (ccrain@...)
"I was clearing the cages of small refuse (the wrapped up unreconisable remains of crickets, roaches in spider silk) and was probably doing it half awake. Now, I usually put in dried leaves as for me it looked natural to disguise the substrate of which i used with a more natural setting rather than the clinical-showcase- plainforward display. As i sifted through the dead leaves I did not notice that that dark shape in the corner was my female Thai Black and absent-mindedly scooped her up with my fingers, mistaking her as a pile of dead leaves. She promptly bit me and I was realised that she had sunken her jaws into my hand. Ouch....
I am allergic to bee stings and this bite could have prooved fatal I guess. I called up my bro (I think he is still sore I woke him up in the middle of the night ) and told him .."Uhh could you please bring me to the doctor.. I got bitten by a poisonous spider..." Freaky but well, I guess I learned my lesson. I'm only glad I managed to recieve medical attention for I dare not say what would have been worse . Apparently she broke the skin and gave me a wound. I flicked my hands in fright and flung her unto the tank floor. ("Sorry baby.. will promise to treat you nice next time.") Could not help notice that she landed on all eight legs like a cat(which has four:\).

I guess she did not apprecieate hominid hands upon her myglomorphic body after a good meal of cricket delight"
Back to top Go down

Bites from Haplopelma Genus
Page 1 of 1