Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
erythro
erythro

Male
Location Parañaque

tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? Empty
PostSubject: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:15 pm

mga sir ask ko lng kng anong fast remedy nyo pang tagal ng kati pag na urticate kayo ng tarantula nyo, madalas kc pag ngpapakain ako hindi maiwasan me dumadapo sa balat nyo, ang badtrip ba minsan 3-7days bago mawala totally ung kati, lalo na pag galing sa mga brachypelma sp. me imediate solution ba kayo dito, minsan kulang ang ligo lang, makati pa rin after.
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:08 pm

I would strongly suggest that any serious or long lasting effects suffered from anyone handling tarantulas that have urticating hairs, that they should seek proper medical advice, preferably from a practitioner that has knowledge of urticating hairs and their effects.
An example of a product that can help is Piriton (an anti-allergy tablet that contains chlorpheniramine maleate Ph.Eur. 4mg).

You may find that creams or tablets that contain anti-histamine may well help as they combat the excess histamine that is being produced. Scratching the effected area may cause the hairs to go deeper into the layers of the skin.

You may find that the rash will subside in a few days, however I would suggest that you speak with a doctor or pharmacist and explain the condition as they can offer the best advice.
Histamin tablet & calamine lotion or katialis will do. . .
Back to top Go down
erythro
erythro

Male
Location Parañaque

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:23 am

thnx sir MJKC23, un nga madalas mangyari skn, normally it will take 3-5 days bago magsubside ung itchyness, madalas ngkakarashes nga ako. thnx ulit sir.
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:29 am

Wash the affected area, or ive read somewhere to put tape sa affected area para matanggal ang hairs? Anyway, if you have rashes na, it means you're allergic sa hairs, take 2nd generation anti-histamines, these are less sedating than 1st generation anti histamines, and take this with steroids (not those steroids used by bodybuilders..lol) this will take care of both your urticaria (rash) and pruritus (itchiness)
Back to top Go down
nicoski
Super

Super  Moderator

Male
Location Zamboanga City

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:38 am

MJKC23 wrote:
I would strongly suggest that any serious or long lasting effects suffered from anyone handling tarantulas that have urticating hairs, that they should seek proper medical advice, preferably from a practitioner that has knowledge of urticating hairs and their effects.
An example of a product that can help is Piriton (an anti-allergy tablet that contains chlorpheniramine maleate Ph.Eur. 4mg).

You may find that creams or tablets that contain anti-histamine may well help as they combat the excess histamine that is being  produced. Scratching the effected area may cause the hairs to go deeper into the layers of the skin.

You may find that the rash will subside in a few days, however I would suggest that you speak with a doctor or pharmacist and explain the condition as they can offer the best advice.

Please include the sure where you got this statement from.
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 pm

1st part comes fr. a health practitioner, the latter part comes from mixed ideas and suggestions as well as my own experienced-based answer.
Recently got urticating hairs fr. GBB while in d province, binuhusan ng suka ung kamay ko tapos pinapunasan skin ng dinikdik na bawang, pinainum ako ng Alerta ska Claretine, then vitamin c. arcorbic acid... then ung pinakuluang dahon ng bayabas eh ipinapahid s balat ko, tpos ligo 3 hours in a hot shower, sarap, tanggal ang kati, pati ang maga... pag kinuskos mo dw kc ng kinuskos ung balat na affected, the more it will penetrate (urticating hairs)...
Ayan based on experienced last sunday. . . my natutunan n nmn. . .thumbs up 
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:26 pm

MJKC23 wrote:
1st part comes fr. a health practitioner, the latter part comes from mixed ideas and suggestions as well as my own experienced-based answer.
Recently got urticating hairs fr. GBB while in d province, binuhusan ng suka ung kamay ko tapos pinapunasan skin ng dinikdik na bawang, pinainum ako ng Alerta ska Claretine, then vitamin c. arcorbic acid... then ung pinakuluang dahon ng bayabas eh ipinapahid s balat ko, tpos ligo 3 hours in a hot shower, sarap, tanggal ang kati, pati ang maga... pag kinuskos mo dw kc ng kinuskos ung balat na affected, the more it will penetrate (urticating hairs)...

Bro, alerta and claritin are the same, they are brand names of the drug loratadine, a 2nd generation anti histamine
Para saan yung suka bro? Effective ba yun? Alam ko ginagamit yun sa tinik ng sea urchins and jelly fish stings
Back to top Go down
erythro
erythro

Male
Location Parañaque

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:20 am

Mazach wrote:
MJKC23 wrote:

Bro, alerta and claritin are the same, they are brand names of the drug loratadine, a 2nd generation anti histamine
Para saan yung suka bro? Effective ba yun? Alam ko ginagamit yun sa tinik ng sea urchins and jelly fish stings

all along mali pla ginagawa ko... kinukuskos ko ng husto ung affected area with a scrub, no wonder after ko maligo it felt itchy pa rin. thnx mga sir sa info.
Back to top Go down
nicoski
Super

Super  Moderator

Male
Location Zamboanga City

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

MJKC23 wrote:

You may find that creams or tablets that contain anti-histamine may well help as they combat the excess histamine that is being  produced. Scratching the effected area may cause the hairs to go deeper into the layers of the skin.

Include the source next time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Warning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?   tarantula - treatment after being urticated by your tarantula? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

treatment after being urticated by your tarantula?
Page 1 of 1