Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Scorpion Documentary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
akiraDJ
akiraDJ

Male
Location Makati city

scorpion - Scorpion Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion Documentary   scorpion - Scorpion Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 am

The Documentary is called "One Sensitive Scorpion" by BBC/Animal Planet Smile
Its a good documentary although i don't know if the initial part was exaggerated or if they really have proven scorpions can do those things,..
because i question that scorpions can hold their breath for 3 days, i mean they can easily drown on a water dish overnight,..
but who knows maybe they have proof of some sort hehe..

What i love about the Documentary was the Explanation on how sensitive scorpions see the world Smile
(again there is always the benefit of the doubt maybe it was exaggerated but lets just say its close to what they say)

Scorpions Senses its prey by vibrations,.. whether it be ground or air vibrations,..
The scorpion is so sensitive that a single step of a beetle a meter a way is like a mini earthquake to it,.. its how its able to locate its prey from a distance Smile
The scorpions Setae or the hair on its pedipalps is so sensitive it can sense the air generated by a Moth flapping its wings,.. its why it is possible or it to capture flying prey,..

Just imagine:
-ever wonder why scorpions aren't music lovers? Smile lets say you decide to play some music and the speakers happen to be beside your scorpion's enclosure,.. and you play a lot of songs with loud bass,..
the vibration of the speaker i would say is like a Magnitude 9.0 earthquake(again might be an exaggeration) on the scorpion's sensory overloading its sensors thus freaking it out affraid and that's why loud sounds are stressful to scorpions,..
i know you wouldn't want to experience a magnitude 9.0 earthquake for prolonged period of time,..

-ever wonder why scorpions run or brace themselves when you blow on them? Smile
just compare how strong your blow is to how weak an air generated from a moth's wings is,..
i would say its like a quick tornado(again might be an exaggeration) blew on the sensory hairs of the scorpion thus overloading it with information,.. another factor that stresses a scorpion out,..

Knowing how sensitive the world of a scorpion is gives us an idea on what ample conditions must be required to keep our little pets HAPPY and stress free! Very Happy

Enjoy Very Happy
Warning: This documentary contain shots from Scorpions behavior in the wild,.. thus show scorpions being the prey in some cases.
Part 1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Part 2
Part 3
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

scorpion - Scorpion Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Documentary   scorpion - Scorpion Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 pm

thanks for the info sir thumbs up
Back to top Go down

Scorpion Documentary
Page 1 of 1