Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Raising Young Bark Scorpion

Go down 
+7
joks_
CAPRICORN07
MJKC
lemuel0909
ispen
Qua2g
Tattoo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Raising Young Bark Scorpion Medal_15Raising Young Bark Scorpion Medal_17Raising Young Bark Scorpion Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

Raising Young Bark Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

With the growing popularity of the Scorpion Hobby, it is obviously neccessary to learn all we can about breeding and culturing them in order to keep all the desired species in our hobby.
What is a "Bark Scorpion"? Typically they are from the Family Buthidae and the genera Centruroides, Tityus, Rholapurus, Isometrus, Lychas, Babycurus and probably others that arent very common in the hobby at the moment. These "Bark Scorpions" are found in a variety of different habitat including Rainforest, Desert and Temperate areas. They are not burrowers and some even call them arboreal although many species are seldom if ever actually found in trees but under stones, logs and other ground litter.
After having some failures of early instar "Bark Scorpions" mostly during molting I have learned that providing them with vertical climbs seems to have almost eliminated molting problems. When provided a climb they almost always molt facing down. Perhaps gravity actually helps them molt more easily although this is speculation.
Here is how they prefer to molt
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With this in mind, I keep all scorplings in small vials with a piece of tree bark that stands up. This also is good in case the substrate gets a little too damp for the scorpling when water is added.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As the scorplings out grow the vials, they can then be moved into deli cups but it is still wise to provide a piece of vertical structure to climb on.
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
Qua2g
Qua2g

Male
Location Pasig City

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

This is a very good forum. Very informative. More power to the site. And to you sir Tatoo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Raising Young Bark Scorpion Medal_15Raising Young Bark Scorpion Medal_17Raising Young Bark Scorpion Medal_10
Male

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:59 pm

tnx sir! wish we can gather more members to make it more active. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Qua2g
Qua2g

Male
Location Pasig City

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:09 pm

i will spread the word. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ispen
Pet Master
Pet Master

Male
Location Sampaloc/ UST Area

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 pm

very informative sir.. merun din kasi ako mga bark scorp.. thnx mga sir..
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 am

ispen wrote:
very informative sir.. merun din kasi ako mga bark scorp.. thnx mga sir..
welcome thumbs up
Back to top Go down
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm

ang galing ah,,master ng exotic,,haha
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
MJKC
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Male
Location Pasig City

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:55 am

nice sets of informative facts. . . pwede na pansabayan sa foreign sites. . . thumbs up ayoz bro 4 thumbs up kasama paa. . .
Back to top Go down
CAPRICORN07
CAPRICORN07

Male
Location Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: NEWBIE HERE!!!   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:14 pm

ur really 1 of d best tol!!! more power to you and PEP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
joks_
joks_

Male
Location terrarium

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 am

article to ni BrianS sa arachnoboards ah... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Arvin
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Arvin

Male
Location Caloocan

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:43 pm

eh sir tattoo matanong lang.. sa mga bark scorpions anong pinaka-favorite mo?
Back to top Go down
Melo
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Melo

Male
Location Valenzuela

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 pm

mga sir naglagay po ako ng bark agad sa R. juneus ko at C. bicolor.. kaso po mejo nagkakaamag po yung bark kaya inalis ko po.. nakakasama po ba yung amag? o amag po ba tlaga yun?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000117514631
istiben25
istiben25

Male
Location Imus

PostSubject: My Bark Scorpion won't eat   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:24 pm

SIr tatoo my bark scorpion wont eat. i tried to give cockroach, spider,small mealworm. he doesnt eat all of i give to him please help.
Back to top Go down
orangehouse
orangehouse

Male
Location Q.C.

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Melo wrote:
mga sir naglagay po ako ng bark agad sa R. juneus ko at C. bicolor.. kaso po mejo nagkakaamag po yung bark kaya inalis ko po.. nakakasama po ba yung amag? o amag po ba tlaga yun?

Increase your ventilation.

istiben25 wrote:
SIr tatoo my bark scorpion wont eat. i tried to give cockroach, spider,small mealworm. he doesnt eat all of i give to him please help.

It will not eat if it is full or if it is in pre/post molt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Bark Scorpion   Raising Young Bark Scorpion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising Young Bark Scorpion
Page 1 of 1