Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Raising Young Desert Scorpion

Go down 
+5
rdvmandi
mustang52883
BradPitbull
MJKC
Tattoo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_15Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_17Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

Raising Young Desert Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 pm

The early instars are kept in small condiment cups with sand. These cups are too small to place a hide in so I keep the cups in a box which stays dark.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can usually tell when one is approaching a molt (at least on A bicolor). When this happens I will put a very small amount of water on 1 side of the cup (see picture below) but one has to be very very careful not to add to much or they can get mycosis. If the water does not dry out in about 2 days change the sand so it will be back on dry substrate. About 70% of the time when I do this they will molt within 2-3 days.

Fixing the lid (like in the pic below) would probably be better because the moisture would dry out easier

While not a necessity, My "Hot Box" certainly speeds growth and seems to reduce deaths during molting. This is very crude as you can see and I will certainly have to make a better set up as I breed more and more scorpions. It is a styrofoam box with a reptile heating pad (wrapped in towels) to one side. With the box 3/4 covered the temps stay between 85F-90F.

Here you can see in the next pic the scorp on the left (no Hot Box) is 2 molts behind the other (been in the Hot Box)

When they finally outgrow their little condiment cup, I move them into something like in the next picture. Since I am keeping this out I have to use a hide. This will keep it as an adult until I get my future breeding colonies sorted out later down the road
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
MJKC
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Male
Location Pasig City

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:41 am

Very Entertaining and Educational Facts stated by Bro Tattoo. . . aztig. . . thumbs up
Marunong n q mas lalo p akong natututo. . . applause ang Lupit m. . . pwede k n maging editor o writer s GOGGLE. . . hehehe
Back to top Go down
BradPitbull
Super

Super  Moderator
BradPitbull

Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_11Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_12Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_15Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_17
Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_14
Male
Location Here, There and Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 am

nice di rin pala ako nagkamali sa paglagay ng screen mesh sa ibabaw ng deli cup Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mustang52883
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mustang52883

Male
Location Olongapo City

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Nice share sir Tattoo! very educational to lalo na sa mga Beginner magalaga ng scorps na tulad kow hehe tnx!
Back to top Go down
rdvmandi
rdvmandi

Male
Location Pasig

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:11 am

Nice guide sir Tattoo. thumbs up
San po ba nakakabili heat mat?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/zirev
rdvmandi
rdvmandi

Male
Location Pasig

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Sir tattoo okay bang alternative sa heating pad itong Flexwatt Heat Tape?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/zirev
jhepoy
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jhepoy

Male
Location Navotas

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:08 pm

pano po pag walang pambili ng heat pad ect. ?

mero po kc akong hh. 2pcs p.trans

remolt po ung hh.

at ung isang p.trans.

eh. cant afford and heat pad? ano pong dapat kong gawin?
Back to top Go down
TGPzenki
TGPzenki

Male
Location Parañaque

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm

sir tatoo where i can buy a reptile heating pad? and how much it cost?
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_15Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_17Raising Young Desert Scorpion Medal_10
Male

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Ok lng yan kht wlang heat pad. mainit naman ang panahon natin maliban ngayon. basta wag m nlng paba2in ng below 26 degrees ang temp. wg k din mgmist or any water source.
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:55 pm

May ngpo2st lng b4. nw kz wla nq nki2ta. nsa 400-500php
Back to top Go down
TGPzenki
TGPzenki

Male
Location Parañaque

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm

ahhh..thanks po sir..
Back to top Go down
jhepoy
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jhepoy

Male
Location Navotas

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 am

Tattoo wrote:
Ok lng yan kht wlang heat pad. mainit naman ang panahon natin maliban ngayon. basta wag m nlng paba2in ng below 26 degrees ang temp. wg k din mgmist or any water source.

sir ginagawa ko. binabalot ko sa towel na tuyo at lilalagay ko sa box. aun ng success molt nmn ung H.H. kahapon lng Smile

Back to top Go down
ninz
ninz

Male
Location cebu city

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Tattoo wrote:
The early instars are kept in small condiment cups with sand. These cups are too small to place a hide in so I keep the cups in a box which stays dark.

I can usually tell when one is approaching a molt (at least on A bicolor). When this happens I will put a very small amount of water on 1 side of the cup (see picture below) but one has to be very very careful not to add to much or they can get mycosis. If the water does not dry out in about 2 days change the sand so it will be back on dry substrate. About 70% of the time when I do this they will molt within 2-3 days.

Fixing the lid (like in the pic below) would probably be better because the moisture would dry out easier

While not a necessity, My "Hot Box" certainly speeds growth and seems to reduce deaths during molting. This is very crude as you can see and I will certainly have to make a better set up as I breed more and more scorpions. It is a styrofoam box with a reptile heating pad (wrapped in towels) to one side. With the box 3/4 covered the temps stay between 85F-90F.

Here you can see in the next pic the scorp on the left (no Hot Box) is 2 molts behind the other (been in the Hot Box)

When they finally outgrow their little condiment cup, I move them into something like in the next picture. Since I am keeping this out I have to use a hide. This will keep it as an adult until I get my future breeding colonies sorted out later down the road

sir tatts ano po klaseng sand ang ginagamit nyo sa dessert scorpions nyo??
Back to top Go down
humadapnon
humadapnon

Male
Location Quezon City

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 pm

wow, ganito pla ang dapat kong gawin. thanks for the share master.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising Young Desert Scorpion   Raising Young Desert Scorpion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising Young Desert Scorpion
Page 1 of 1