Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

question about hedgehog po

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
myogmyog
myogmyog

Male
Location marikina

hedgehog - question about hedgehog po Empty
PostSubject: question about hedgehog po   hedgehog - question about hedgehog po I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 pm

ask lang po ako kung ilang weeks bago pwede ulit mag buntis or i breed ang female hedge..

salamat po Smile

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
http://mt-brain.com
Alfros29
Alfros29

Male
Location san pedro, laguna

PostSubject: help!?   hedgehog - question about hedgehog po I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:10 am

please someone help me. My Hedge gave birth to 8 pups after few days nothing left. she ate it!. What should I do next time to avoid this?!?
Back to top Go down
papa_dhan
papa_dhan

Male
Location malolos city

PostSubject: Re: question about hedgehog po   hedgehog - question about hedgehog po I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:06 am

bro 2months yata bago ulit pd mag breed, kaya siguro kinain yung pups nya baka na stress sya o kaya tingin ka ng tingin bawal hawakan ang mga pups saka dapat hnd nabubulabog yung bin nya
Back to top Go down
gerald.lim.09
gerald.lim.09

Male
Location Caloocan City

PostSubject: Re: question about hedgehog po   hedgehog - question about hedgehog po I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Papa Dan is Correct!

@ myogmyog - Safe is 2-3 Months on the next breeding for the dam to recover her strength. Boost her up on vitamins and treats! Smile

@ Alfros29 - its a cardinal rule not to peek, I MEAN NO PEEKING! you have to give the DAM at least 2 weeks for her to settle down and focus on caring for the pups. The least that you can do to its bin after she gave birth is to fill up her food bowl and replace the water on the water bottle and then cover the bin with a dark cloth so that no light can enter the bin. That's it! You have to provide a large food bowl so that you minimize disturbing the dam.

The explanation why she ate her hoglets is for her to reabsorb the energy she exerted in give birth the hoglets. In the wild Hedgehogs get so weak after giving birth. If they feel threatened or predator is near their bin. They think the only way that they can regain their energy and fend of attackers is to eat their young. Sad but true....

HTH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about hedgehog po   hedgehog - question about hedgehog po I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about hedgehog po
Page 1 of 1