Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...

Go down 
+3
vinlovenoreen25
nicoski
MJKC23
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... Empty
PostSubject: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

The Redback spiders live everywhere throughout the Australian continent. Female Redback spiders are black in color with a very apparent red or orange stripe that is visible on the back of the spider. The female Redback spider is dangerous and almost always connected to human deaths. Redback spider bites cause severe pain at the site of the bite and cause other symptoms to include: sweating, muscular weakness, vomiting, and nausea. Redback spider venom is a neurotoxin that affects the neurotransmitters causing there depletion. The Redback spider has caused several reported deaths of bitten human beings but none have died since the release of an antivenom. Over 250 bites receive antivenom treatment each year with many more cases most likely go unreported.

The Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider is also a resident of Australia though this spider is most commonly found on the east coast of the continent. Unlike the Redback spider the male Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider is the killer, with venom five times as deadly as the female of the species. The body of the spider is glossy in nature with a color of either black or brown. The Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider is extremely aggressive standing up on it hind legs when threatened and exposing their fangs. The venom of this impressive spider is a neurotoxin that cause the nerves to begin to fire rapidly. The bite of this spider can result in the following symptoms: salivation, muscle twitching, sweating, and tearing of the eyes. Many deaths have occurred from the bite of The Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider before the introduction of an antivenom but even with the antivenom available the bite can be life threatening without immediate medical attention. The most interesting thing about the venom of these spiders is that most animals seem to be immune to their poison but it is extremely toxic to human beings and monkeys.

The Brazilian Wandering Spider, also known as the “ Banana Spider”, can be found in the jungles of South America. It does not have a web like standard spiders and can be found wondering on the jungle floor, hence its name. Though the jungle is this spiders natural habitat it is also commonly found in peoples homes. This spider is a very aggressive spider and tends to be nervous. This spider is commonly found hidden in the vegetation of banana trees and has been found stowed away in banana crates. This spider is known to be the most deadly spider in the Americas. The venom of this spider can be fatal to a mouse in a dose as small as 0.006mg! The Brazilian Wandering Spiders venom is also a neurotoxin and is very painful due to it release of serotonin. An interesting side effect of this spiders bite is that it is known to cause priapism, an erection that can last longer than four hours. Now this is one hardcore spider.

The Brown Recluse Spider, although nowhere near as deadly as the other spiders on this page, also deserves respect. The Brown Recluse spider is a small brown spider with a backwards violin shaped mark on the back of his head. This mark also led the spider to be known as the “ fiddle-back spider”. This spiders venom causes ulceration. The Brown Recluse’s bite does not tend to be painful at the time of the bite and some people will not even know they have been bitten. In the first few hours the bite will only appear small and red like a standard bug bite but within 24 hours will begin to swell and blister. If bitten in fatty tissue a deep lesion will occur that may not heal for several years! These bites without proper care have been known to lead to amputation of affected limbs. It is very likely that many people died of infection from the spider bites before the introduction of modern medical care. Below is a photo a Brown Recluse bite.

LAST BUT NOT CERTAINLY THE LEAST Twisted Evil 

The Black Widow Spider is known as the deadliest spider in North America. The female of the species is a very glossy black with an hourglass present on the thorax. The hourglass mark is usually red but can range from yellowish to orange in color. The male of the species is smaller than the female and is not dangerous. The black widow spider venom is a neurotoxin. The bite of the Black Widow is not generally known to be painful at the time of the bite but the bite will swell and two small fang marks will be seen. The symptoms of the bite are painful. The symptoms of the Black Widows bite include: localized pain in the back and abdomen, sever cramping of the abdominal muscles, nausea, labored breathing, tremors, profuse perspiration, high blood pressure, restlessness, and fever. Though most bites do not lead to serious long term side effects they have been known to lead to death.

cHECK OUT more on:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] drinks 
Back to top Go down
nicoski
Super

Super  Moderator

Male
Location Zamboanga City

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Redback spiders are known to exist in the PH Smile may mga subspecies from Cebu, and sa frequency ng huli they seem to be very common.. the worse part is, there are some people who handle them -.-
Back to top Go down
vinlovenoreen25
Pet Master
Pet Master
vinlovenoreen25

Male
Location navotas city,

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:24 am

MJKC23 wrote:

The Redback spiders live everywhere throughout the Australian continent. Female Redback spiders are black in color with a very apparent red or orange stripe that is visible on the back of the spider. The female Redback spider is dangerous and almost always connected to human deaths. Redback spider bites cause severe pain at the site of the bite and cause other symptoms to include: sweating, muscular weakness, vomiting, and nausea. Redback spider venom is a neurotoxin that affects the neurotransmitters causing there depletion. The Redback spider has caused several reported deaths of bitten human beings but none have died since the release of an antivenom. Over 250 bites receive antivenom treatment each year with many more cases most likely go unreported.

The Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider is also a resident of Australia though this spider is most commonly found on the east coast of the continent. Unlike the Redback spider the male Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider is the killer, with venom five times as deadly as the female of the species. The body of the spider is glossy in nature with a color of either black or brown. The Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider is extremely aggressive standing up on it hind legs when threatened and exposing their fangs. The venom of this impressive spider is a neurotoxin that cause the nerves to begin to fire rapidly. The bite of this spider can result in the following symptoms: salivation, muscle twitching, sweating, and tearing of the eyes. Many deaths have occurred from the bite of The Tree-dwelling Funnel-web spider before the introduction of an antivenom but even with the antivenom available the bite can be life threatening without immediate medical attention. The most interesting thing about the venom of these spiders is that most animals seem to be immune to their poison but it is extremely toxic to human beings and monkeys.

The Brazilian Wandering Spider, also known as the “ Banana Spider”, can be found in the jungles of South America. It does not have a web like standard spiders and can be found wondering on the jungle floor, hence its name. Though the jungle is this spiders natural habitat it is also commonly found in peoples homes. This spider is a very aggressive spider and tends to be nervous. This spider is commonly found hidden in the vegetation of banana trees and has been found stowed away in banana crates. This spider is known to be the most deadly spider in the Americas. The venom of this spider can be fatal to a mouse in a dose as small as 0.006mg! The Brazilian Wandering Spiders venom is also a neurotoxin and is very painful due to it release of serotonin. An interesting side effect of this spiders bite is that it is known to cause priapism, an erection that can last longer than four hours. Now this is one hardcore spider.

The Brown Recluse Spider, although nowhere near as deadly as the other spiders on this page, also deserves respect. The Brown Recluse spider is a small brown spider with a backwards violin shaped mark on the back of his head. This mark also led the spider to be known as the “ fiddle-back spider”. This spiders venom causes ulceration. The Brown Recluse’s bite does not tend to be painful at the time of the bite and some people will not even know they have been bitten. In the first few hours the bite will only appear small and red like a standard bug bite but within 24 hours will begin to swell and blister. If bitten in fatty tissue a deep lesion will occur that may not heal for several years! These bites without proper care have been known to lead to amputation of affected limbs. It is very likely that many people died of infection from the spider bites before the introduction of modern medical care. Below is a photo a Brown Recluse bite.

LAST BUT NOT CERTAINLY THE LEAST Twisted Evil 

The Black Widow Spider is known as the deadliest spider in North America. The female of the species is a very glossy black with an hourglass present on the thorax. The hourglass mark is usually red but can range from yellowish to orange in color. The male of the species is smaller than the female and is not dangerous. The black widow spider venom is a neurotoxin. The bite of the Black Widow is not generally known to be painful at the time of the bite but the bite will swell and two small fang marks will be seen. The symptoms of the bite are painful. The symptoms of the Black Widows bite include: localized pain in the back and abdomen, sever cramping of the abdominal muscles, nausea, labored breathing, tremors, profuse perspiration, high blood pressure, restlessness, and fever. Though most bites do not lead to serious long term side effects they have been known to lead to death.

cHECK OUT more on:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   drinks 

nice share sir MJKC,, aheheheh aztig alien 

nicoski wrote:
Redback spiders are known to exist in the PH :)may mga subspecies from Cebu, and sa frequency ng huli they seem to be very common.. the worse part is, there are some people who handle them -.-

aztig talga ni sir nicoski, may gnyan pla tayo noh tnry ko din i research.. parang gusto ko tuloy mghanap san ba mismo sir..?? wala ba sa parteng luzon...alien 
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:03 pm

nicoski wrote:
Redback spiders are known to exist in the PH :)may mga subspecies from Cebu, and sa frequency ng huli they seem to be very common.. the worse part is, there are some people who handle them -.-

Yup bro. . . Unluckily. . . that Redback spiders exist here in our country unluckily...
Some folks totally got a mistake that it was an sp. of a Black Widow w/c exists in other asian countries as well as diff. parts of the world...
Brown recluse spiders we're also said to be seen through Mt.Banahaw too according to the natives there... tzktzktzk...
Commercially sold to some interested hobbyist like the black widows, not knowing the fact that if it escape to the wild, it might brood and adopt to our environment w/c can lead to a total disaster amongst human lives. . .

Be aware & responsible of this sp. that was sold locally nowadays. . . they are deadly. . .

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Photos Fr. a friend. . .
Back to top Go down
TheExoticManPH
TheExoticManPH

Male
Location Under Your Bed

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 pm

MJKC23 wrote:
nicoski wrote:

Yup bro. . . Unluckily. . . that Redback spiders exist here in our country unluckily...
Some folks totally got a mistake that it was an sp. of a Black Widow w/c exists in other asian countries as well as diff. parts of the world...
Brown recluse spiders we're also said to be seen through Mt.Banahaw too according to the natives there... tzktzktzk...
Commercially sold to some interested hobbyist like the black widows, not knowing the fact that if it escape to the wild, it might brood and adopt to our environment w/c can lead to a total disaster amongst human lives. . .

Be aware & responsible of this sp. that was sold locally nowadays. . . they are deadly. . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />

Photos Fr. a friend. . .

The owner of those photos is my good friend. According to him di daw redback yan true blackwidow daw yan and guess what inoout nya yan. w/c i dont think is a good idea(OPINION LNG).
Back to top Go down
goymigz05
goymigz05

Male
Location muntinlupa cavite

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:16 pm

friend ko dn seller nyng munting killer n yan..ahahaha...
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:42 pm

goymigz05 wrote:
friend ko dn seller nyng munting killer n yan..ahahaha...

Western Black Widow? andami n talaga ngbebenta...

The ExoticManPH---> the Last photo was definitely not a Redback & a True Black widow bec. of its hourglass looking mark on its belly. . .
Back to top Go down
shelby24
shelby24

Male
Location camarin,caloocan,qc maligaya

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 pm

redback spider (Latrodectus hasseltii) nakahuli ako nito somewhere in bicol regions around 10 females ung nkita ko at my mga sac pa!
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:17 pm

shelby24 wrote:
redback spider (Latrodectus hasseltii) nakahuli ako nito somewhere in bicol regions around 10 females ung nkita ko at my mga sac pa!

Are u keeping it right now bro?
a friend of mine caught a sling of this though I dont think it is a true Red back since it was caught in Laguna...
so small to id it on a pic.
pinakain ko ng nymps kinain nmn... anu set up mo bro? tnx
Back to top Go down
shelby24
shelby24

Male
Location camarin,caloocan,qc maligaya

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:45 pm

MJKC23 wrote:
shelby24 wrote:

a friend of mine caught a sling of this though I dont think it is a true Red back since it was caught in Laguna...

na curious lng ako sir kaya kinuha ko but release ko rn agad kung san ko nakuha not interested in keeping it.
Back to top Go down
vansellvon
vansellvon

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 am

hmmm yung redback spider looks familiar sakin ayan ba yung mga sa ilalim ng mga upuan at mga sasakyan na di na nagagamit na ang itlog nila is bilog lang?Smile
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:34 pm

vansellvon wrote:
hmmm yung redback spider looks familiar sakin ayan ba yung mga sa ilalim ng mga upuan at mga sasakyan na di na nagagamit na ang itlog nila is bilog lang?Smile

I dont quite have an idea if that sp. stays inside the house, alam ko kc natural habitat nila sa wild talaga, maybe Lycosidae, nor huntsman nakikita m bro... pls. elaborate more about the eggs u saw? how big it is or how it look like tnx. . .
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:35 pm

shelby24 wrote:
MJKC23 wrote:
shelby24 wrote:

na curious lng ako sir kaya kinuha ko but release ko rn agad kung san ko nakuha not interested in keeping it.

Good to know that bro, coz it might give u alot of troubles whenever it escapes. . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...   5 Deadliest Spiders of the world... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 Deadliest Spiders of the world...
Page 1 of 1