Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

B. Vagans Molting Problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
erythro
erythro

Male
Location Parañaque

B. Vagans Molting Problem Empty
PostSubject: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
As you can see in this first picture, my vagans looks quite normal after molting yesterday, then this afternoon i checked on her again, i noticed her front leg near the fangs are short, i look closer at her and saw that it was deformed, it looks like she did not molted properly. I inspected her again and saw more deformation on her legs. it seems there is a little leg growing out from her other leg.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
can anyone help me give a hint what may cause this phenomena, so i can prevent this from happening again, TIA.
Back to top Go down
nicoski
Super

Super  Moderator

Male
Location Zamboanga City

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:13 pm

It's not a "she" it's a he Smile Sexual demorphism occurs on Mature Male male tarantulas..

Bulbous pedipalps + Tibial hooks
Back to top Go down
erythro
erythro

Male
Location Parañaque

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 7:02 pm

oh so male pla sya, then normal lang ung ngyari sa kanya? kala ko female sya, so nothing is wrong with him, forever na ganyan itsura nya?
Back to top Go down
kean
kean

Male
Location QC / Pasay

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 pm

erythro wrote:
oh so male pla sya, then normal lang ung ngyari sa kanya? kala ko female sya, so nothing is wrong with him, forever na ganyan itsura nya?

yup 100% Male.. that is very normal for a Mature Male B. Vagans.. and most Mature Male Tarantulas.. forever na syang ganyan.. and probably last molt na nya yan (and is called an Ultimate Molt).. there are other MM's that does Post Ultimate Molt though but rare.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
erythro
erythro

Male
Location Parañaque

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 1:15 am

wow... so me taning na buhay ng b. vagans ko T-T, usually MM tend to die after fully maturing ryt? is there a way to lengthen their life span? i mean how will i maintain him? ung diet nya?
Back to top Go down
kean
kean

Male
Location QC / Pasay

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:00 am

erythro wrote:
wow... so me taning na buhay ng b. vagans ko T-T, usually MM tend to die after fully maturing ryt? is there a way to lengthen their life span? i mean how will i maintain him? ung diet nya?

hindi naman agad.. you can usually enjoy him for 2-5 more years.. iba iba din kasi talaga.. i had a male B. Albo who matured and lived for another 3years.. same as how you keeo the others pa din.. mas malikot lang yan kasi he will try to find a mate and will eat less and less.. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
vinlovenoreen25
Pet Master
Pet Master
vinlovenoreen25

Male
Location navotas city,

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:15 am

When a male tarantula molts for the final time, he matures, and will usually be darker in color (often black), depending on species. Males also are usually longer and slimmer than females and have much smaller abdomens on average. Mature male tarantulas native to the USA are not long-lived. Even in captivity, their lifespan seems to be less than a year, and some only a few months or less. In nature, the lifespan of male tarantulas may be measured in a matter of weeks, days, hours, or minutes. They have no interest in anything other than finding a mate.

dditionally, mature males have little hooks or spurs on the underside of their front pair of legs, at the base of the tibial segment (i.e., the third segment up from the "foot", or the long segment after the short patella, or "knee").

ref: http//atshq.org/articles/found.html

--dagdag mu na din to pare... alien
Back to top Go down
kean
kean

Male
Location QC / Pasay

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:27 am

eto din mga recorded lifespan ng MM's

"Lifespan of males greatly less and, in general, limited with 3-3,5 years. This is because males, as was it already mentionned above, matures earlier then females (1,5-2,5 years) and, as a rule, intermediate lifespan of mature males (after postultimate molt) forms five - six months. However, for separate specimens of some species are known vastly greater data.
So, on message of Dr. Claudio Lipari, time-limits of lifespan of mature males of brazilian black Grammostola pulchra have formed not less then 27 months, and one specimen has lived more then 4 years.
Other long-lived specimens amongst mature males by Lucian Ross, are:
Grammostola rosea - 18 months, Megaphobema velvetosoma - 9 months, Poecilotheria formosa - 11 months, Poecilotheria ornata - 13 months, Poecilotheria rufilata - 17 months.
On information of Moscow collector Igor Arhangelsky mature male of Brachypelma vagans has lived about 24 months and the other one of the same species - 20 months.
According to information of canadian scientist Rick West mature male of Phormictopus cancerides has lived at Allan McKee (lost after molting upper segments of pedipalps) - 27 months and a male of Brachypelma albopilosa at rick West - 30 months and dies after a second postultimate molt.
Also noted the following facts: Lasiodora parahybana: 3 years at Jeff Lee, 2 years 6 months at Joy Reed and 2 years 3 months at Jim Hitchiner."

from this very informative site.. >> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
erythro
erythro

Male
Location Parañaque

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:41 pm

wow, sobrang maraming salamat mga boss, ang dami ko natutunan, i guess i have to find her a mate, thanks po ulit sa lahat ng sumagot ng tanong ko, thanks din for other additional info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B. Vagans Molting Problem   B. Vagans Molting Problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B. Vagans Molting Problem
Page 1 of 1