Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Crocodile "Lolong" is dead

Go down 
+4
vansellvon
Gagamboy
Mazach
icemanx2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

Crocodile "Lolong" is dead Empty
PostSubject: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:36 am

MANILA, Philippines -- The world’s largest captive crocodile, Lolong, is dead.

Lolong, the male reptile that gained fame for making it to the Guiness World Records, was declared dead on Sunday night by Dr. Alex Cullantes of the Davao Crocodile Park. Bunawan, Agusan del Sur Mayor Edwin Elorde announced the news.

Lolong was captured in Bunawan in 2011. The reptile measured at 6.2 meters (20 feet and 4 inches) by Australian zoologist Adam Britton.

It was captured by professional hunters after a 3-week hunt due to a spate of attacks that killed two residents and several animals.

Lolong has become a “tourist attraction” in Bunawan.

Source: ABS-CBN News iOS app
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

Anong cause of death bro? Sinabi ba?
Back to top Go down
Gagamboy
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Gagamboy

Male
Location Metro Manila

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Sayang naman si Lolong , nanjan pa naman yung babae eh hindi pa rin nahuhuli , mas malaki pa daw kay lolong yun
Back to top Go down
http://pep.nstars.org
vansellvon
vansellvon

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 pm

tiyak kinamatay nyan eh stress expose na expose si lolong eh tapos la pang hide yung kulungan niya lahat ng ng animals meron naman kanya kanyang privacy eh.di nya na adopt yung sa environment na kinalalagyan nya kaya always stress si LOLONG.sayang sarap pamandin alagaan hahah..
Back to top Go down
mackyooo
mackyooo

Male
Location quezon city

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm

+1 kay sir van...tama wala syang hides or shed...stress talaga yan sa dami ba naman ng taong nanunuod sa kanya eh...
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

kanina ko lang nakita balita dito habang binubunot wisdom tooth ko hehe.

condolence sa asawa ni lolong Smile
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:06 pm

aw sayang nmn.. sinabi ba sa balita kung ano ang cause?

Sad
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Ngayon ko lang napanood sa news, pupuntahan daw ng taga DENR si lolong para imbestigahan ang cause of death
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Mazach wrote:
Ngayon ko lang napanood sa news, pupuntahan daw ng taga DENR si lolong para imbestigahan ang cause of death

ah sana malaman na agad.. kawawa naman sya
Back to top Go down
GloriaNAyres
GloriaNAyres

Female
Location philippines

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 pm

ano kaya knamatay ni lolong? drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.priceme.com.ph/
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:02 am

kendall harry wrote:

Sad

may lumobo daw sa kaliwang bahagi ng tiyan e.. pero iaautopsy pa para sure daw
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 am

dlonelyboy wrote:
kendall harry wrote:

Sad

may lumobo daw sa kaliwang bahagi ng tiyan e.. pero iaautopsy pa para sure daw

ou nga eh yun nbbasa ko sa post sa fb... syng tlga
Back to top Go down
Gagamboy
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Gagamboy

Male
Location Metro Manila

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:11 am

Maaaring namatay daw sya dahil hindi raw sya napapakain regularly over the past months
Back to top Go down
http://pep.nstars.org
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 am

update :

‘Lolong’ Died Of Lung Disease
February 21, 2013, 8:06pm
MANILA, Philippines --- A serious lung disease may have caused Lolong’s death, initial findings from a necropsy performed on the giant saltwater crocodile showed.

Citing the preliminary report submitted by a team of veterinarians and biology experts sent by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) to Bunawan, Agusan del Sur, Secretary Ramon Paje said “Lolong had a late-stage pneumonia and cardiac failure at the time of its death.”

A conclusive report on Lolong’s cause of death is due in two weeks. Saltwater crocodiles can attain a very long lifespan, with some crocodiles known to be over 65 years of age, while some exceed 100 years old.

Lolong, who officially weighs 1,075 kilograms and measures 20.24 feet, was about 50 years old at the time of its death.

“The full necropsy report, which will be out within the next two weeks, will provide the details of the medical investigation that will help us determine the factors that contributed to Lolong’s health problems and eventual death,” Paje said.

DENR-Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau (PAWB) Director Theresa Mundita Lim said based on the initial report, Lolong was found to have lesions in its various major organs such as heart, lung, kidney and intestines.

“Findings indicate that there could have been a chronic infection that may have been aggravated by stress,” Lim said.

The histopathology or study of tissues taken from Lolong’s major organs is being conducted by veterinarians at the University of the Philippines-Los Baños College of Veterinary Medicine.

Lim added that Lolong’s case could lead to a better understanding of the condition of crocodiles in the wild as well as how to better manage them, while in captivity.

She said further studies could also help determine the state of the Agusan Marsh, where Lolong was captured in 2011, to possibly improve its condition for the benefit of the wildlife in it and the communities that depend on its resources. (Ellalyn B. De Vera)

source : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crocodile "Lolong" is dead   Crocodile "Lolong" is dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crocodile "Lolong" is dead
Page 1 of 1