Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Dog Behavior Before Death

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

Dog Behavior Before Death Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

Dog Behavior Before Death Empty
PostSubject: Dog Behavior Before Death   Dog Behavior Before Death I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:01 pm

By Marian K

There are a number of different signs that dog owners have observed and consequently classified as dog behavior before death. These are some of them...

The passing away of any pet is a very sad reality to be faced with. Nonetheless, it is one all pet owners know they will have to face at one point of time or another. Your dog may pass away after a prolonged dog illness or due to old age. In the case of the former, you are more prepared for the death, while in the case of the latter, though you know it will happen, you may still be caught off guard. My beloved Candy (a Lhasa Apso) lived for 16 long years, and though in was senile in her last days, I never was quite able to face up to the fact that one of those days would be her last.

For most animal lovers, losing a pet is like losing a member of the family, and even though you may expect it to happen, it will still leave you grief stricken. Owners who have aging dogs are always keeping an eye out for any changes that are often construed as dog behavior before death. One experience I have heard of from many owners is that their dog(s) have come to them a while before they passed away, and were with them when the time came.

The manner in which a dog ages, is surprisingly similar to that of a human. Both slow down, have graying hair and often, joint problems. However, it is difficult to tell the difference between dog behavior when close to death and symptoms of old age. What one must understand is that each dog will act differently before death. Many old dogs die in their sleep. When my dog passed, a short while before, her limbs failed her, and she lost control of her tongue. If your dog is old, these are some symptoms that are often considered the behavior of dying dog, that you can keep an eye out for:

* Loss of Appetite: A very common dog behavior before death is the loss of appetite. In the final stages of your dogs life, he/she may lick food or water you hold out, but may not want to eat/drink a reasonable amount.

* Limited Movement: While slowing down is aging dog behavior, this kind is more pronounced. While an old dog may no longer want to go for long walks, or jump around and play, a dog that is nearing its end may lie in the same spot for hours on end. Alternately, he/she may sleep for most of the day or night. Read on pet care.

* Bladder and Bowel Control: Another common male and female dog behavior before death is the loss of bladder and bowel control. This may surprise you because most dogs that have been potty trained almost never have 'accidents'. It is also common for a dog to have Diarrhea towards the end.

* Labored Breathing: When nearing their end, many dogs find it difficult to breath. Along with this, swallowing may also be done with difficulty. One must also check for a reduced heartbeat.

* Twitching: While shakiness is a common dog behavior at old age, a dog who is dying may experience muscle twitching or mild convulsions.

* Seeking Contact: This is one dog behavior before death that most people testify to. It seems as though dogs can sense when death is near, and seek out their masters at this time. They might either say 'goodbye' in their own way and die in their sleep, or may stay with the owner.

My advise to every worried pet owner is that stop looking out for signs of dog behavior before death, for when the time comes, you will know that it has. Instead focus on making your dog as comfortable as possible and spending quality time with it, for it is something your sure to miss once your beloved pooch is no more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
labstarantula
labstarantula

Male
Location camarin caloocan city,

PostSubject: Re: Dog Behavior Before Death   Dog Behavior Before Death I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:31 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

tama ung "seeking kontaks" ilang beses ko ng naranasan,nakakalungkot na may halong awa talaga ang mararamdaman mo lalo na napamahal na sayo.....................
Back to top Go down
Overtune
Overtune

Male
Location Kyusi

PostSubject: Re: Dog Behavior Before Death   Dog Behavior Before Death I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 am

Namatayan din ako ng aso. Si kramer, ang alaga kong chow-chow. Kasabay ko matulog saka maligo. Potty trained din siya. Never yun dumumi at umihi sa loob ng bahay namin. Kapag tag-ulan naman at hindi siya pwede lumabas (ayaw ng chow-chow ng basa), tinuruan ko siya dumumi at umihi sa basahan. Nawalan lang yung ng gana kumain nung umaga, kinagabihan patay agad. Bago pa siya mamatay pinilit niya gumapang dun sa basahan kung saan ko siya tinuruan umihi at dumumi. Dun siya namatay. Para akong namatayan ng gf.

Sa sobrang depressed ko nun umiiyak ako sa opisina. Naintindihan naman ako ng boss ko kasi pet lover din siya. Hindi ako pinagtrabaho ng boss ko sa loob ng tatlong araw. Mahirap din kasi sa trabaho namin kapag wala ka sa focus. Hindi na ako nag-alaga ulit ng aso nung namatay siya. Feeling ko natrauma ako sa pagkamatay niya. hanggang ngayon yata hindi pa rin ako nakakamove-on sa pagkawala ni kramer. Nakakatawa pakinggan pero totoo lahat to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Behavior Before Death   Dog Behavior Before Death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1