Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

arboreal tarantulas

Go down 
+5
kizzmalipz
TipplerMG
icemanx2
nicoski
gabrielic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
gabrielic
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

arboreal tarantulas Empty
PostSubject: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 pm

I want to get my first arboreal tarantula but I'm not sure what species to get. I want one that's a good display tarantula
Back to top Go down
nicoski
Super

Super  Moderator

Male
Location Zamboanga City

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

You must be very knowledgeable about arboreal Ts to have interest in them Very Happy
You must know what they are capable of.
And its availability in the market..

I would recommend P.regalis, they may be veeeeeery fast with high venom potency. but i've never had a problem with my regalis Smile they might be skittish but they're not defensive nor aggressive..

Secondly, Avicularia sp.. Docile, colorful and with less kick in their venom. though they are prone to sudden death syndrome as spiderlings..

-
in terms of availability, i've seen a lot of people who have them on their selling list.. so, hndi nman talagang mahirap maghanap..
Back to top Go down
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:35 pm

+1 to P.regalis.
big size, nice coloration, non aggresive. mabilis pa lumaki. isa sa pinaka murang arboreal Ts in the market.
Back to top Go down
gabrielic
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:38 pm

thanks for your comments.
(censored) i really want a p. metallica
Back to top Go down
TipplerMG
Pet Master
Pet Master
TipplerMG

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:16 pm

+1 sa p. metallica kaso mahal. thumbs up

drinks
Back to top Go down
kizzmalipz
kizzmalipz

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:26 pm

If you have 4k to burn and confident that you can keep it up to breeding age then GO GO GO! Books and advices can only bring you so far. I think everyone would go to those high end sp if they can afford it and wouldn't care losing it. But then, no matter what you choose as your first T once you have the T syndrome, I bet you would wanna get your hands on ALL Ts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gabrielic
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Aren't poecis considered hardy and easy to keep except for its defensiveness and venom?
And if you are experienced enough with terrestrials, is it hard to learn to take care of arboreal?
Is there a big difference?
Back to top Go down
kizzmalipz
kizzmalipz

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:21 am

gabrielic wrote:
Aren't poecis considered hardy and easy to keep except for its defensiveness and venom?
And if you are experienced enough with terrestrials, is it hard to learn to take care of arboreal?
Is there a big difference?

Oh. So it's your first ARBOREAL not your first T. By all means GO. Yes, pokies are hardy. You just have to be prepared on how fast they can move. But if you have experience in old world Ts specially the asian ones then it shouldn't be a problem. You just have to exercise discipline every time. When feeding, spot cleaning, transferring and these should apply wether it's an Albo or a pokie.
Back to top Go down
Gagamboy
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Gagamboy

Male
Location Metro Manila

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 am

Pokies ! Best for Begginers! specially yung p.regalis .. massive size yun thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://pep.nstars.org
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Pocielotheria is not good as first arboreal species due to its speed and venom toxicity. I would suggest new worlds arboreal but not Avicularia due the Sudden Death Sydrome.

I suggest, Tapinauchenius and Psalmopoeus genus. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Psalmopeus maganda, lalo na yung irminia and pulcher
Back to top Go down
gabrielic
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 pm

any tips on how to take care of my poeci? all are welcome and appreciated
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Anong poeci mo sir? Regalis ba? Ako nilalagyan ko lang ng bark na patayo para may akyatan sila, keep your substrate moist but not wet, plenty of ventilation, kung sling palang yung sayo maghuhukay yan at gagawa ng taguan nya
Back to top Go down
dondon
dondon

Male
Location Taguig City / Caybiga Caloocan

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 am

felmor wrote:
Pocielotheria is not good as first arboreal species due to its speed and venom toxicity. I would suggest new worlds arboreal but not Avicularia due the Sudden Death Sydrome.

I suggest, Tapinauchenius and Psalmopoeus genus. Smile

Super agree with this telling that pokies are good for beginners can be misleading specially sa mga newbies bites can occur if hindi tama ang kaalaman. Just my thought peace!
Back to top Go down
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 am

magkano ba kasi budget mo TS? depende rin kasi kung how much yung ready mo i invest sa arboreal sp na bibilin mo.
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 pm

gabrielic wrote:

google.com po Smile
Back to top Go down
gabrielic
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 pm

felmor wrote:
gabrielic wrote:

google.com po Smile

yup pero gusto ko rin marinig ang first-hand experiences hehe
Back to top Go down
Gagamboy
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Gagamboy

Male
Location Metro Manila

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:40 am

@gabrielic: Hello sir !! wave

Eto po mga basic tips ko about sa mga poechis.

Kapag sling pa lang , pwede kang maglagay ng bark sa loob ng cage (cup or small enclo.) nya na nakapatayo , dun kasi sya laging tatambay at magweweb since mahilig ang mga poechis sa height kase nga arboreal sp. sila (Nagbuburrow din ang mga poechis lalo na kapag slings pero sobrang minsan lang to kung mangyari)

Pag nag adult na , pwede kang maglagay ng mga artificial plants na nakadikit sa mga branches sa loob ng enclo. nya
Maganda din kung gagawa ka ng background sa enclo. nya na gawa sa styro at cocofiber/peat para mas maging maganda ang itsura ng enclo. mo

Note: Poechis are not for begginers due to its very fast speed and strong venom toxicity. drinks
Back to top Go down
gabrielic
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Gagamboy wrote:
@gabrielic: Hello sir !! wave

Eto po mga basic tips ko about sa mga poechis.

Kapag sling pa lang , pwede kang maglagay ng bark sa loob ng cage (cup or small enclo.) nya na nakapatayo , dun kasi sya laging tatambay at magweweb since mahilig ang mga poechis sa height kase nga arboreal sp. sila (Nagbuburrow din ang mga poechis lalo na kapag slings pero sobrang minsan lang to kung mangyari)

Pag nag adult na , pwede kang maglagay ng mga artificial plants na nakadikit sa mga branches sa loob ng enclo. nya
Maganda din kung gagawa ka ng background sa enclo. nya na gawa sa styro at cocofiber/peat para mas maging maganda ang itsura ng enclo. mo

Note: Poechis are not for begginers due to its very fast speed and strong venom toxicity. drinks

thanks po hehe. beginner ako sa arboreal pero hindi sa tarantulas so walang problema. at sa tingin ko problema lang ang poecis kung gusto ng tao i-handle. i dont handle may Ts so walang problema. i plan to follow tarantulaguy1976's real bark background later on. thanks again

real bark background: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gagamboy
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Gagamboy

Male
Location Metro Manila

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Ur welcome sir , tama lang sir na wag natin hawakan ang mga Ts natin dahil nakakastress sa kanila yun at baka makagat pa nila tayo thumbs up

Napanood ko na rin yang video ni Robc , parang ang hirap naman nyang gawin kasi susukat ka pa ng wood or bark na sakto sa enclo. ng pet mo.
Para sakin , mukhang mas maganda yung 3D backdrop nya kesa dun sa real kaso nga lang anghirap patuyuin hehe . Medyo ot na tayo sir PM ka na lang sakin. drinks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arboreal tarantulas   arboreal tarantulas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

arboreal tarantulas
Page 1 of 1