Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Stop Puppy Mills

Go down 
+4
archer
lemuel0909
Tattoo
RVL Kennel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

Stop Puppy Mills Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Stop Puppy Mills
How much did she pay to have your "little doggie in the window?"

Please be aware that what you may read here could upset you. It is not for people who are easily upset. It is the disgusting truth behind puppy mills. If you are able to make it through, please relay this information to people who are interested in buying a dog. Maybe if they know this information, they will think twice about getting their puppy from a pet store.

What is a puppy mill?
It is where purebred dogs are raised in large numbers. Hundreds and thousands of dogs are bred every year. The females are bred every heat cycle, over and over until their little bodies can’t produce anymore, in which case they suffer a fate far more serious than any of us could ever imagine. Both female and males are forced to breed, no matter what their medical condition is, with no regard to pain, sickness, or deformities.

Where are the dogs housed?
Dogs are housed two or more in very small wire cages, almost too small for them to even turn around. The cages are stacked on top of each other allowing their feces and urine to drop into the next lower cage. The cages have no type of flooring to prevent injury to their soft paws or legs. Most end up getting their paws stuck between the wires of the cage. They are housed all the time with no social life and are never walked. There is not proper cooling to protect from blistering summers or heating to protect from harsh winters. Most of the time, dogs die from the cold and from heat stroke. Some puppy mills hide their dogs in old sheds or buildings with windows either boarded or tinted black. These dogs never see the light of day. Most of these dogs will live out their entire lives in these dark wire cages.

What kind of veterinary care do they receive?
Very little, but more than often times they receive none. Their paws will swell, bleed, and harden from the constant walking on wired caged floors. Their toe nails aren't trimmed, causing them to get caught on the wire cage floors, forcing dogs to pull their legs free, sometimes causing broken legs or torn muscles. Wounds and infections of their eyes will cause dogs to lose vision. Dogs often get ear infections that can cause the dogs to go deaf. Likewise, chest infections can be so severe that it will cause death to dogs.
Skin infections are a big problem with puppy mill dogs because of having to lay in their waste. From skin infections and scratching, the fur falls.The collars get embedded into the dogs’ neck, causing lesions and infection. Open wounds on dogs attract flies, which lay their eggs in the wounds. These poor dogs are then left with maggots living in their wounds.

Female dogs that are bred continuously will eventually end up with tumors on their breasts. Most of the time these tumors are cancerous. Males can get tumors on their testicles and have prostate problems. Left untreated this can lead to cancer, which is also certain death. The puppy millers do not see these animals as pets, but, rather cash crops. In their opinion there is no need for unnecessary expenses. As long as the dogs are still able to produce puppies they will ignore any and all medical problems.

How do they debark the dogs?
Although all of this makes me queazy, this is the part that makes me really sick to my stomach. Since they do not spend money to debark at a veterinary hospital, they shove a steel pipe down the dogs’ throat. This damages the vocal cords. By damaging the vocal cords, the dog is not able to bark. They still however can make a noise, which sounds whispery or raspy. By using this method, their tiny jaws could break and will go untreated, which leaves the animal to suffer in horrible pain.

What about food and water?
They don't receive fresh food or water daily. Their food consists of the cheapest, non nutritious, bottom of the barrel food. They're fed less than minimal amount of food. Their water often has bacteria and/or algae growing in it because of the dogs urinating or defecating in it.

What happens once the dogs can't have babies anymore?
It should come to no shock when you hear of how they ‘take care of’ their dogs when they are no longer useful since these breeders are sick and inhumane. They either shoot them or drown them. They also allow the animal to lay in its own filth in pain and misery for an unknown number of days until it dies on its own. This is considered normal standard practice for puppy mills.

The next time you or someone you know decides to purchase a dog from a pet store, just remember these poor animals in a small, wired cage, paws bleeding, open wounds, starving, and injured from having a steel pipe jammed down their throat. Hopefully that will change your mind, and you will go to your local animal shelter or to Pet Finder so you can find your forever friend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Stop Puppy Mills Medal_15Stop Puppy Mills Medal_17Stop Puppy Mills Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Yes animal cruelty must be stop!
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:06 pm

Mad Mad Mad BAD,,
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
archer
Pet Master
Pet Master
archer

Male
Location Singapore

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Shocked Mad grrrrrrrrr nkaka gigil naman yang mga ganyang pamamaraan, imagine ko pa lang base dun sa binasa ko nanghihina na ako, pro masakit man isipin mahirap sugpuin dito sa bansa natin ang ganyang klase pang aabuso sa mga hayop, kulang n kulang tayo sa ahensya para tumutok sa ganyang bagay. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://rnelng.multiply.com
deathcythe2003

Male
Location cainta

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:05 pm

hi cant help to react... kawawa ung mga dogs yan kc ginagawa ng mga backyard breeders na ung pets ang ginagawang source of income... dats y ako sa breeder talaga ako kumukuha at kung pwede sa bahay nila kunin para sure ako sa health ng doggie ko...

may iba pang version yang ganyan bibili ng lot tapos stock lang sa bahay hanggang mabenta... may naencounter na ko sa other site ng gnun halos lahat breed meron sya stock tapos benta lang kawawa ung dog na nakuha ko payat kitang kita na walang attention pati parang may trauma kc nde lumalayo sa bahay... buti nman naun alaga sa bahay.
Back to top Go down
ghracey
ghracey

Female
Location Fairview Quezon City

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:15 am

sana matulungan din ang mga hayop.... may partylist ba who support animal welfare?
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Stop Puppy Mills Medal_15Stop Puppy Mills Medal_17Stop Puppy Mills Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:47 am

ghracey wrote:
sana matulungan din ang mga hayop.... may partylist ba who support animal welfare?
sa dami ng pangako ng mga tumatakbo e wla yta.
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

Stop Puppy Mills Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:52 am

PAWS lang talaga..
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
Gigo
Gigo

Male
Location Makati/ Las Piñas

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:58 am

Ang sama naman nito. Man's best friend pa naman kung tawagin ang dogs, hndi dapat ganito ang treatment sakanila. Shocked
Back to top Go down
thierypatdu
thierypatdu

Male
Location Muntinlupa

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:20 pm

the best is to stop buying from pet shops, dahil pag alam nilang may nabili sa kanila, lalo sila magdedemand sa mga puppy millers ng mga pugs at magbibreed nanaman sila ng magbibreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stop Puppy Mills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Puppy Mills   Stop Puppy Mills I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop Puppy Mills
Page 1 of 1