Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

malayan box turtle caresheet

Go down 
+3
archer
Tattoo
lemuel0909
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

malayan box turtle caresheet Empty
PostSubject: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Malayan Box Turtles are highly sought after in the food and medicinal markets in China.

Natural Location: Asia
Average Lifespan: 30 to 40 years
Estimated Size: 8" to 10"

Feeding & Water

Malayan Box Turtles are mostly carnivorous, however they will also eat some greens. You may find that if you have live plants in their enclosure that they will snack on them throughout the day. Common meat includes worms, fish and snails.

Be sure not to overfeed Malayan Box Turtles, especially when they are young. If you feed them too much their body can outgrow their shell and result in a potentially fatal situation.

Some sort of a calcium and Vitamin D3 supplement is recommended for Malayan Box Turtles which are housed indoors. If they are housed outdoors you most likely do not need to provide them with additional Vitamin D3, but the calcium supplement is still recommended.

Temperature, Lighting & Humidity

A water temperature in the 75 degrees F to 80 degrees F range is sufficient for Malayan Box Turtles. They enjoy basking throughout the day, and their basking spot should be approximately 90 degrees F.

A full-spectrum fluorescent bulb should be used in the enclosure to provide enough UVB light for your turtle.

Housing

Malayan Box Turtles spend most of their time in the water. They do however come out frequently to eat and walk around. When they are young you should not have water which is any more than about 2 inches deep. This will allow the juvenile malayan box turtle to keep its feet on the ground while still being able to breathe above water.

It is important to provide your Malayan Box Turtle with a dry basking area under a heatlamp. Aquatic turtles must be able to dry themselves off after being in the water, or serious diseases can occur.

If housing Malayan Box Turtles outdoors in non-tropical areas beware that they do not hibernate. You will need to either bring them in during the winter or ensure that they have a warm place to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

malayan box turtle caresheet Medal_15malayan box turtle caresheet Medal_17malayan box turtle caresheet Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Very nice info! 1 +rep for you! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
archer
Pet Master
Pet Master
archer

Male
Location Singapore

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm

aba nag labas din si sir lem thumbs up baka may mga iba ka pa dyan sir na tinatago
Back to top Go down
http://rnelng.multiply.com
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 pm

haha,,
salamat sir archer and bro tats,, thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
orangehouse
orangehouse

Male
Location Q.C.

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:48 am

Hi! Just sharing what I have to encourage other keepers. Sometimes caresheets sound too technical causing the keeper to worry too much.

I have been keeping Malayan box turtles for more than 15 years. They are best kept in ponds with access to land. Based on my experience, they are very easy to keep. They are not picky feeders and would always go for greens and fruit (banana, papaya, grated coconut, etc.) Weekly I also give them fish scraps from the market. They also readily eat turtle pellets.

During the cold season (Dec to Feb) they will "hibernate" by digging a pit under rotting leaves for insulation. This is considering the fact that we are in a tropical climate.

Here's a picture of my pond. Note the access to the ground area.

See them digging. This is where they also lay eggs.

Partially buried turtle.

Hatchlings from last year.

By the way, they share the same pond with red ear sliders. They also happen to breed, but we keep losing the hatchlings from predators.
Back to top Go down
santa
santa

Male
Location montalban,rizal

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:11 pm

nice info santa

i also have mayan box turtles ang RES they shared the same pond,

yung RES ko nag lay na ng eggs 2 days ago sana makapag pa hatch din ako,

@orangehouse-nice pond sir pag me budget ganyan din gagawin kong pond santa
Back to top Go down
pektusin
pektusin

Male
Location San Juan City

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi, newbie po ako sa pag aalaga ng MBT, i have a pair, and sa tingin ko nag mate na sila, kaninang umaga nakita ko na lang may isang egg, ano po ba ang dapat kong gawin, nasa malaking palanggana sila ngayon, ihiwalay ko po ba yung egg? saan ko po sya iincubate? thanks ng marami.
Back to top Go down
guysack
guysack

Male
Location quezon city philippines

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 am

this care sheet will help,dahil plan ko rin mag alaga ng Malayan Box Turtle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: malayan box turtle caresheet   malayan box turtle caresheet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

malayan box turtle caresheet
Page 1 of 1