Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

PREMOLT? HOW LONG?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demz022
Demz022

Male
Location Makati

PREMOLT? HOW LONG? Empty
PostSubject: PREMOLT? HOW LONG?   PREMOLT? HOW LONG? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:38 am

How long does Brachypelma Smithi and Brachypelma Albopilosum last in pre-molt stage.. would it take a week or a month before it starts molting? please enlighten me.. thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
aracsur23
Pet Master
Pet Master
aracsur23

Male
Location Manila

PREMOLT? HOW LONG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PREMOLT? HOW LONG?   PREMOLT? HOW LONG? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 pm

IMO, it's hard to know coz it varies... As the T grows, their pre-molt process also becomes longer... you also have to take in to consideration the weather...it's too cold.... it makes their metabolism slow down making their pre-molt process longer..

Back to top Go down
Demz022
Demz022

Male
Location Makati

PREMOLT? HOW LONG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PREMOLT? HOW LONG?   PREMOLT? HOW LONG? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:59 pm

aracsur23 wrote:
IMO, it's hard to know coz it varies... As the T grows, their pre-molt process also becomes longer... you also have to take in to consideration the weather...it's too cold.... it makes their metabolism slow down making their pre-molt process longer..

Oh, I see.. I hope they would molt easier soon.. thanks
Back to top Go down
deadly_elegance
deadly_elegance

Male
Location QC

PREMOLT? HOW LONG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PREMOLT? HOW LONG?   PREMOLT? HOW LONG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 am

there are many factors, such as size of your T's, temperature, and what's being fed to your t's, and also the species of your tarantula,slow growing species stays in premolt stage longer than fast growers, i have a 6 yr old rosea that's been in premolt for 6mos now, and a King baboon that's on premolt for almost a year now. .
Back to top Go down
maister
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
maister

Female
Location manila

PREMOLT? HOW LONG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PREMOLT? HOW LONG?   PREMOLT? HOW LONG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:06 am

Please avoid using ALL CAPS in the title of your topic.

This is your second warning.

Please read the rules before posting.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PREMOLT? HOW LONG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PREMOLT? HOW LONG?   PREMOLT? HOW LONG? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PREMOLT? HOW LONG?
Page 1 of 1