Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Sexing Scorpions

Go down 
+13
marvzxd
BradPitbull
reeian
pao_2681
anti_hero_9
s98432512
lalafaluza
lemuel0909
APEL
dwenski
vicpineda
tarlac_kid
Tattoo
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Sexing Scorpions Medal_15Sexing Scorpions Medal_17Sexing Scorpions Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Androctonus Pectine counts

A. amoreuxi male 28-35; female 21-29

A. australis male 28-33; female 22-27

A. bicolor male 26-32; female 20-27

A. crassicauda male 27-23; female 23-27

A. mauritanicus male 25-30; female 20-24

A. Australis

Males of this species have 28-33 teeth. Female A australis have 22-27 teeth on their pectine. You will also note the pectine is comparitively smaller on the females.

Male picture is on top, female picture is on bottom.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A. crassicauda

The proximal chela gap (fixed finger) and enlarged bulbous chelae of the male can be seen in comparison with the female. While the proximal chela gap is not as pronounced as that of A. mauritanicus, it can still be noticed.

A. mauritanicus

Males can be differed from females by a notch in the chela. Male photo then the female's photo.

Babycurus

B. Jacksoni

Males have bulbous chela when compared to the females (this difference is not noticeable until males are adult).

Centuroides

Centuroides species can be sexed by the metasoma. Males have a longer metasoma(top picture) and females have a shorter metasoma(bottom picture).

Euscorpius

The Euscorpius genus is sexed by the males having a enlarged telson.

Heterometrus

H. Longimanus

Adults 9 to 14 cm. long. Base color of adults uniformly black, only manus and telson may be reddish brown. Male with chela, patella and femur of pedipalp norrower and longer than in female. Male fingers of pedipalp very long. Fixed fingers longer or at least as long as manus of pedipalp. Chela not lobiform in male, slightly lobiform in female, its length to width ratio 3,3-4,4 in male, ca. 2,4 in female. Much of manus smooth, sparsely tuberculate. atella of pedipalp with pronounced internal tubercle. Carapace usually with disc smooth and margins granulate. Telson hirsute, elongate, vesicle as long as or longer than vesicle.
Males of H. Longimanus have elongated chelas. Male photo on top, female photo on bottom.

H. petersii

H. petersii is sexing by a prononced tooth in the chela. Male's chela is on top, female's chela is on bottom.

Hottentotta

Sexing Hottentotta can be done by counting the number of pectines. When the pectine counts overlap, there are some species that males have more bulbous chela. Males of Hottentotta also tend to be more skinnier and smaller than females.

H. arenaceus male: 21-24; female: 16-19

H. conspersus male: 19-28; female: 13-21

H. franzwerneri male: 32-38; female: 26-31

H. hottentotta male: 25-29; female: 22-26

H. judaicus male: 27-32 female: 21-27

H. minax male: 23-27; female: 20-24

Isometrus

Same as sexing Centruroides spp. Males have enlongated metasomas. Males will also have elongated chela compared to females.

Male picture, then female picture.

Orthochirus pectine counts

O. scrobiculosus male 19-20; female 15-18

Pandinus

P. imperator
Male's of P. imperator will have longer pectines, while females have shorter ones.

Pandinus imperator male:
Pandinus imperator female:

Parabuthus

Parabuthus spp. can be sexed by an enlarged and lobate proximal median lamella in females except for P.granulatus and P.kalaharicus. In P.granulatus and P.kalaharicus females the lamella is "suboval, with mesal margin arcuate (i.e., not enlarged an lobate) and free of teeth".

P. transvaalicus and liosoma you can sex them by the male having a more bulbous chela. PML (proximal median lamella). Female's photo on left, male photo on right.

Rhopalurus

Rhopalurus junceus males are thinner than females with more bulbous chela. When adult the males chela looks like this. It will not close all the way since it is slightly curved. Females like most species are much more robust than males. Although they have somewhat bulbous chela, it is not as pronounced as the males and they can close the claws all the way.

Male picture is on top, female picture is on bottom.

Tityus

Tityus

Tityus trinitatis adults are easy to sex out. The male (top) is much thinner and a more tan in color while the more robust female (bottom) is a more brick red in color.

***Taken from the net***

Last edited by Tattoo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
tarlac_kid

Male
Location tarlac city

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:21 pm

galing nman ng thread na ito... share nman po kayo ng mga pics ng mga alaga nyo... thumbs up
Back to top Go down
vicpineda

Male
Location Malinta

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:25 am

kompleto ah thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://static.clixsense.com/banners/clixsense468x60d.png
dwenski

Male
Location San Pablo City

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 pm

ADD KO LANG FAVORITE SCORP KO VAEJOVIS SPINIGERUS

Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Pahiram bro ng pix Very Happy

VAEJOVIS SPINIGERUS
Female has a short pectines and it looks like this / \ while male has a long pectines and its shape is like this /\. Male left, female right.

Deathstalker Scorpion (Leiurus quinquestriatus)

The Deathstalker is a species of scorpion, a member of the Buthidae family. It is also known as Palestine yellow scorpion. Known for having one of the most potent venoms out of all the scorpion species, if not the most, the Deathstalker Scorpion can create a highly dangerous situation for someone who has been stung. For advanced keepers who have the need to keep a dangerous scorpion like this, be very careful because the possibility of being stung is always there, no matter how "advanced" you know you are. With that said, I can move on. The Deathstalker Scorpion is a fairly large and aggressive scorpion species. There may be different color variations of this species in the wild, depending on locality, but it's not certain. The Deathstalker Scorpion is a bright and attractive species, with a relatively thin tail, which is unusual for venomous scorpions. Overall, when keeping the Deathstalker Scorpion, or any venomous arachnid for that matter, make sure it's in a container that it can't escape from, and never loose respect for the animal when you're dealing with it.

Range Deserts and scrubland from the Middle East to northern Africa, particularly
Egypt.
Type Burrowing.
Diet Babies eat pinhead crickets, and other small insects. Adults eat crickets,
mealworms, and other large insects.
Full Grown Size 3.5 to 4.5 inches.
Growth Medium to fast speed.
Temperature 70 to 80° F.
Humidity 65 to 70%. Adults may drink from a shallow, wide water dish.
Temperament Aggressive and nervous.
Housing Babies can live in a clear plastic deli-container with air holes. Adults can live in
a 2.5 to 5-gallon tank. Floor space is more important than height.
Substrate 3 to 5 inches of sand, peat moss, or potting soil.
Decor No decorations are really needed, but you can add rocks, or cork bark.
Other Names Death Stalker Scorpion, and Arabian Deathstalker Scorpion.

Pectinal tooth counts (PTC): Male- 31-36; Female 26-29. Pectines generally greater in length, with longer, more numerous teeth in males. Basal piece in males narrow allowing the basal pectinal teeth to touch or overlap. Basal piece wider in females, with shorter, less numeorus teeth; basal pectinal teeth do not touch or overlap. Males are typically smaller, thinner and less robust than females because of reproduction requirements.

Last edited by Tattoo on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:02 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
APEL

Male
Location Las Piñas City, Manila

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Pano ba ibilang ang mga pectine teeth Question Neutral Diba maliliit yun at madami Neutral
Back to top Go down
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:39 pm

nice info din para sa scorps,, thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:46 pm

APEL wrote:
Pano ba ibilang ang mga pectine teeth Question Neutral Diba maliliit yun at madami Neutral
yap marami sila at dikit dikit. need mo gumamit ng magnifying glass para macount mo ang pectine teeth. Ang best way ay wait mo magmolt, kunin mo ung pinagmoltan saka mo po bilangin.
Back to top Go down
APEL

Male
Location Las Piñas City, Manila

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Tattoo wrote:
APEL wrote:
yap marami sila at dikit dikit. need mo gumamit ng magnifying glass para macount mo ang pectine teeth. Ang best way ay wait mo magmolt, kunin mo ung pinagmoltan saka mo po bilangin.
Parang pala sa t's. tinitingnan ang exuvium Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:03 pm

APEL wrote:
Tattoo wrote:
APEL wrote:
Parang pala sa t's. tinitingnan ang exuvium Laughing
un lng tlga way para macount ang pectine teeth. Hindi naman natin sla pwde hawakan hehehe. Ung iba hnd na nid hawakan. Mala2man na gender nla pgtungtong ng 5i.
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:41 pm

This is a matured male heterometrus longimanus.

Back to top Go down
lalafaluza
lalafaluza

Male
Location caloocan city

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:20 pm

bro tats.. un sa parabuthus na pics.. di na vview??
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Upload nlng me ng bgo Smile
Back to top Go down
s98432512
OverseA

OverseA  MembeR
s98432512

Male
Location Malaysia

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi

any idea how to sex Androctonus Australis Hector(Tunisia) scorpion by physical ?
is it the same as Androctonus Mauretanicus ???

Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:41 pm

They are different sir lester. Hector can only be sex thru their pectines. Male has 32-38 teeth while female has 25-29 teeth.
Back to top Go down
s98432512
OverseA

OverseA  MembeR
s98432512

Male
Location Malaysia

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 pm

_Tattoo_ wrote:
They are different sir lester. Hector can only be sex thru their pectines. Male has 32-38 teeth while female has 25-29 teeth.

no wonder i kept looking out for physical differences and i tot i got all female ... ! lol...time for some micro shoots !!!! on the pectines !!

thanks alot sir tattoo...

Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Yeah u really need an eyeloop or magnifying glass.
Back to top Go down
anti_hero_9
anti_hero_9

Male
Location Cainta Rizal

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Tattoo wrote:

Boss tats can i request more info on how to determine the gender of H.Longimanus... tnx in advance...
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:32 pm

anti_hero_9 wrote:
Tattoo wrote:

Boss tats can i request more info on how to determine the gender of H.Longimanus... tnx in advance...
the pectines on the underside of scorpions can be inspected to give u an idea of their scorpions sex. place the scorpion in a clear plastic tub and hold it up to inspect the underside of the scorpion. typically, males have longer combs on their pectines n females have shorter n often fewer combs on their pectines. males also vibrate their claws when mating and it also have elongated chelas. male is thinner than females n they are also smaller.
Back to top Go down
anti_hero_9
anti_hero_9

Male
Location Cainta Rizal

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Tattoo wrote:
anti_hero_9 wrote:
Tattoo wrote:

the pectines on the underside of scorpions can be inspected to give u an idea of their scorpions sex. place the scorpion in a clear plastic tub and hold it up to inspect the underside of the scorpion. typically, males have longer combs on their pectines n females have shorter n often fewer combs on their pectines. males also vibrate their claws when mating and it also have elongated chelas. male is thinner than females n they are also smaller.

salamat po sa info bossing... try ko sa h.longi ko dto para madetermine ne sex nya... more power to you...
Back to top Go down
pao_2681
Pet Master
Pet Master
pao_2681

Male
Location Makati

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 pm

pre ano mas rare sa mga specie na to male or female?

h. longi
r. junceus
c. margaritatus
p. imperator

haha, kung saka sakali pwd manghiram ng males? hahaha
Back to top Go down
pao_2681
Pet Master
Pet Master
pao_2681

Male
Location Makati

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:53 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:01 am

Sa longi lng rare ang male bro n da rest hndi.
Back to top Go down
reeian

Male
Location Zamboanga City

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 pm

wow, swerte talaga ang longi nuh?? madami cla matira na female hahaha,
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Sexing Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexing Scorpions   Sexing Scorpions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Hahaha maloko k din pla bro hehehe
Back to top Go down

Sexing Scorpions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next