Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....

Go down 
+3
hamm69
maister
y2kwarrior
7 posters
AuthorMessage
y2kwarrior
y2kwarrior

Male
Location r.papa/caloocan/calumpit bulacan

emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... Empty
PostSubject: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Malaysian Forest Scorpion
Giant Forest Scorpion, Giant Blue Scorpion, Asian Forest Scorpion
Family: Scorpionidae

Heterometrus spinifer
Photo © Animal-World: Courtesy Russ Gurley
Latest Reader Comment - See More
How many times does a giant blue scorpion molt in a month? And how many months does it take to grow? Josh
This hardy and attractive scorpion, the Malaysian Forest Scorpion is often confused with the Emperor Scorpion, but is much more aggressive! The Malaysian Forest Scorpions or Asian Forest Scorpion is hardy, quiet, and easy to care for. It is also impressive to look at. But unlike the Emperor Scorpion it is not handleable. It is quite defensive and will readily sting when it feels cornered or in danger.

At a glance these large, shiny black scorpions are often mistaken for the commonly kept Emperor Scorpion. However, the Asian Forest Scorpion is similar to the Emperor Scorpion only in looks and not in behavior. They are very aggressive and unlike the Emperor Scorpion, this species is not as likely to settle down in captivity. It can be distinguished from the Emperor in that it is slightly more elongated and its pedipalps and claws are larger and more elongated.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Emperor Scorpion
Family: Scorpionidae

PuzzlesPostcards
Pandinus imperator
Photo © Animal-World: Courtesy Russ Gurley
Latest Reader Comment - See More
Hello, I have 18 black emperor scorplings that need homes ASAP. They were born in April 2010. I bought the "mom" from a breeder in Cleveland and it... (more) Sue A. Wagner
Despite it's formidable appearance and large size, the Emperor Scorpion is the ideal starter pet for a scorpion enthusiast! The Emperor Scorpion is one of the most docile of all the scorpions kept in captivity. They are hardy, quiet, and easy to care for. They are impressive to look at and are much more handleable than most of their relatives. An ideal species for a beginner.
The African Emperor Scorpion is probably the most recognizable scorpion species (and possibly the most commonly kept invertebrate in the world). Thousands have been imported from Togo and Ghana. They have flooded the pet trade and have become very popular.

Television shows play on the fierce appearance of this large, black scorpion. They are a large, shiny black scorpion with massive pincers and a thick robust body and tail. Despite their gruesome look, the sting of the Emperor Scorpion is mild, causing only localized pain which disappears after a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
maister
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
maister

Female
Location manila

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:03 am

Please read the rules:

9. Give credits to the owner of the info/file if you are going to post in the forum.
Back to top Go down
hamm69
hamm69

Male
Location manila

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:49 am

pa help meron po ba difference ang Malaysian Forest Scorpion and black asian forest???? bibili sana ako ng Malaysian Forest Scorpion gusto ko malaman pano sila distinguish?
Back to top Go down
mjwtf
mjwtf

Male
Location Antipolo

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

may picture po ba kau ng 2nd instar n emperor at h. longimanus.. icocompare ko lang po,, duda kasi ako dito sa binigay sakin.. thank thanks
Back to top Go down
TipplerMG
Pet Master
Pet Master
TipplerMG

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:36 pm

mjwtf wrote:
may picture po ba kau ng 2nd instar n emperor at h. longimanus.. icocompare ko lang po,, duda kasi ako dito sa binigay sakin.. thank thanks

Sir mahirap pa malaman pag 2nd instar pa lang, mas ok sana kung 3rd o 4th instar na.
Back to top Go down
maestro
maestro

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:16 am

bro ang emperor scorpion makikita mo malaki talga pagkakaiba nila ng longimanus ang emperor scorpion malaki ang sipit parang alimango ang panipit kumpara mo sa longimanus na slight lang ang sipit maliit kumbaga....
Back to top Go down
TipplerMG
Pet Master
Pet Master
TipplerMG

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:44 am

TipplerMG wrote:
mjwtf wrote:

Sir mahirap pa malaman pag 2nd instar pa lang, mas ok sana kung 3rd o 4th instar na.

Sir check mo mga sites na to para sa pics ng 2nd instars sana makatulong:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jiggin
jiggin

Male
Location Cebu City

PostSubject: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:17 pm

mga dudes....need help po.... i have a 3i emp (duda ako if its and emp or a longi..)

thx po

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TipplerMG
Pet Master
Pet Master
TipplerMG

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 5:51 pm

jiggin wrote:
mga dudes....need help po.... i have a 3i emp (duda ako if its and emp or a longi..)

Look at the Chelae;

Eto sample pic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

drinks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....   emperor - difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

difference between asian longimanus and emperor scorpions....
Page 1 of 1