Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Vinegar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drwildchina
Pet Master
Pet Master
Drwildchina

Male
Location Bulacan

Vinegar Empty
PostSubject: Vinegar   Vinegar I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm

In the absence of formulated acidifiers in local poultry supply and petshops to control e.coli and salmonella, you may use vinegar at 10ml per galon of water.

Acidifiers are used to control e. coli and salmonella, in which these two bacterias cannot thrive in a low ph (acidic). It is a good alternative to antibiotics at a preventive medication program for poultry, pigs and even drinking water of some mammals. Acidifiers sometimes are called prebiotics, meaning, the gut environment will be conditioned by acidifiers for good bacterias to grow, hence, the opportunistic bacterias like the two mentioned above will have no niche for reproduction.

So if you want to try acidifiers and there are no available supply in your area, you may use common vinegar temporarily instead.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Menkaixer
Menkaixer

Male
Location Makati

Vinegar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinegar   Vinegar I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:21 am

Thanks po sa info doc!!! Btw, will this work on small animals such as Guinea pigs, hedgehogs, and rats?
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

Vinegar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinegar   Vinegar I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:40 pm

vinegar is also use to remove hard water stains on aquariums. vinegar soften the calcium deposit on the glass. Smile
Back to top Go down
Drwildchina
Pet Master
Pet Master
Drwildchina

Male
Location Bulacan

Vinegar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinegar   Vinegar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

Drwildchina wrote:
In the absence of formulated acidifiers in local poultry supply and petshops to control e.coli and salmonella, you may use vinegar at 10ml per galon of water.

Acidifiers are used to control e. coli and salmonella, in which these two bacterias cannot thrive in a low ph (acidic). It is a good alternative to antibiotics at a preventive medication program for poultry, pigs and even drinking water of some mammals. Acidifiers sometimes are called prebiotics, meaning, the gut environment will be conditioned by acidifiers for good bacterias to grow, hence, the opportunistic bacterias like the two mentioned above will have no niche for reproduction.

So if you want to try acidifiers and there are no available supply in your area, you may use common vinegar temporarily instead.

Laughing

Nasubukan ko na rin, no adverse effect was noticed. sundin niyo lang po ung dosage, in fact, we can consider vinegar (acetic acid) as the mildest acidifier for animal alternative use. kasi ung mga ginagamit namin sa poultry farms, ung iba corrosive, meaning kapag natapunan ka ng product, magkaka irritation ung skin mo.
Back to top Go down
Drwildchina
Pet Master
Pet Master
Drwildchina

Male
Location Bulacan

Vinegar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinegar   Vinegar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:01 am

Yes, Mr. Felmor is right. Acids are also used for sanitation and decalcification. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vinegar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinegar   Vinegar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinegar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Philippine Exotic Pets :: Others :: Animal Facts-
Jump to: