Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

about instar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beatbear
beatbear

Male
Location davao/cdo

about instar Empty
PostSubject: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:32 pm

what does instar mean? and how can i tell my Chaerilus sp slings instar? thanks
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

about instar Medal_15about instar Medal_17about instar Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Everytime a scorPIOn mOlts they have upgraded an instar. 1st instar means a scorPIoN doesnt mOlteD yet. A newly born scorpling is the 1st instar. At this instar the scorpling is on the mOtherS bAck and it wilL nOt eat. They get their nuTrients througH the osmOsis and the exoskeletons are soft. 2nd instar, 1-2 weEks after they are born the scorpion wilL mOlt for the 1st time and miGht stilL stay at the mOtherS bAck.

All other molts wilL raise the instar so if you see soMeoNE say 3rd instar it means the scorPling mOlteD twice.
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
beatbear
beatbear

Male
Location davao/cdo

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 pm

will it turn black after first molt? my slings werent in their mothers back that long.after about 1 week they were already roaming around. . .
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:11 pm

2nd instar color are stilL liGht and also bAse oN their sPp. Your slings are in the 2nd instar thats why they are nOt in the mOms bAck. It dEpends oN the temperature why your slings mOLted fast.
Back to top Go down
beatbear
beatbear

Male
Location davao/cdo

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:17 pm

its a Chaerilus sp., possibly celebensis..do i need to separate them now? thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:34 pm

If alL the slings are noT on the mOms bAck u cAn separate them to avoid cANnibAlism.
Back to top Go down
beatbear
beatbear

Male
Location davao/cdo

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 pm

ok ok..thanks a lot...
Back to top Go down
orangehouse
orangehouse

Male
Location Q.C.

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Instar is the period between molts.

The only time you can be certain of the instar is when you know when they were born and have tracked their molts.

Off topic

Furthermore, based on experience and field observation. I would say C. celebensis is tolerant when it comes to a communal set-up. In the wild they are found living along side with each other of varying instars. Of which their habitats are also shared with centipedes and P. baeri tarantula.

Being small scorpions their diet range from small insects, like termites, to small earthworms.

Feed your slings with termites if you have access to one. Separate with the mom, but you can house the slings together.
Back to top Go down
beatbear
beatbear

Male
Location davao/cdo

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:15 am

how bout the small white mites roaming around when theres left overs?
Back to top Go down
maister
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
maister

Female
Location manila

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:55 am

orangehouse wrote:
Instar is the period between molts.

The only time you can be certain of the instar is when you know when they were born and have tracked their molts.

Off topic

Furthermore, based on experience and field observation. I would say C. celebensis is tolerant when it comes to a communal set-up. In the wild they are found living along side with each other of varying instars. Of which their habitats are also shared with centipedes and P. baeri tarantula.

Being small scorpions their diet range from small insects, like termites, to small earthworms.

Feed your slings with termites if you have access to one. Separate with the mom, but you can house the slings together.

In addition to this, i suggest you to use the workers, not the soldiers as feeders.

Last edited by maister on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maister
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
maister

Female
Location manila

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:57 am

beatbear wrote:
how bout the small white mites roaming around when theres left overs?

You can prevent mites by removing the leftovers and avoiding too much moisture. scorplings do not need much water so you can spray their enclosure/delicup 2-3x a week.
Back to top Go down
beatbear
beatbear

Male
Location davao/cdo

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 pm

thanks..very much appreciated. . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

about instar Empty
PostSubject: Re: about instar   about instar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

about instar
Page 1 of 1