Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

misting questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aldino
aldino

Male
Location San Pablo City Laguna

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:30 pm

paano nyo minimist ung lalagyan ng egg ng leopard gecko at ilan times a week nyo sya namimist para makuha ung tamang humidity na needed nila?
Back to top Go down
bbstar06

Male
Location sta. rosa, laguna

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:49 pm

anu ba gamit mong medium?
Back to top Go down
aldino
aldino

Male

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:04 am

bbstar06 wrote:

medium? anung medium bro?
Back to top Go down
bbstar06

Male
Location sta. rosa, laguna

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 am

yung pinagbaunan mo ng eggs...
yung nabasa ko kasi di na kaylangang mag mist ,perlite ata gamit nila or vermiculite......
Back to top Go down
aldino
aldino

Male

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 pm

bbstar06 wrote:
yung nabasa ko kasi di na kaylangang mag mist ,perlite ata gamit nila or vermiculite......

ahh.. pitt moss ung gamit ko lng d2 sa bahay e
Back to top Go down
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

misting questions Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: mga bro baka makatulong to..   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Incubation of eggs
Source: west coast leopard gecko

General information and Candling of eggs
Fertile eggs should feel like a stale marshmallow and will quickly become semi-hard.
An infertile egg feels like an empty water bottle. Candling of your eggs with a flashlight
is the best way to determine if the eggs are fertile. When doing this you will notice a
red circle if they are fertile. We put eggs in our incubator even if we see a little red in
the egg. You may find eggs in the water bowl or outside the hide box and this is
normal. We have even had eggs stuck to glass and plastic. You can remove them by
soaking them lightly with warm water ( just the part that is stuck) and let it soak for a
couple minutes, then gently peel the egg off the surface. I have even dropped the eggs
and they hatched ok.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Incubation substrate and containers
We use a 50/50 mix of vermiculite and perlite. Start by soaking the vermiculite in water
for five minutes until completely saturated. Then grab a hand full and squeeze all of the
water out. Place the damp vermiculite in a bowl and then add 50% perlite to make
double the mix. You will only need about a cup and a half of the total mix for two eggs.
What ever size container you use, make sure you have at least an inch and a half of
substrate from the bottom and at least an inch and a half from the top. This system will
give you the correct humidity levels throughout the whole incubation period without
adding extra moisture. Put a small hole on the side of your deli cup about the size of a
pencil lead , to allow air exchange. Mark the lid with the date the eggs were laid and
from whom. Place the substrate in the deli cup and put an indent with one finger where
you will place the egg. The eggs should be buried half way in the substrate, this allows
oxygen to get to the egg. The egg will grow in size as it absorbs the moisture from the
moist substrate. Clear spots in the egg indicates to much humidity and this will kill the
egg. We place the red circular marks facing in the upward position. Rotation is not an
issue until two weeks after the eggs were laid. We use individual deli cups for tracking
purposes and to prevent a bad egg from killing a fertile one. Temperatures should be
between 85-87 degrees for an even number of males and females. Below 74 degrees
and above 95 is the kill zone. If for some reason you have dented or dehydrated eggs
you can save these by using this method. Cover the egg with the substrate ( about one
quarter of an inch) and lightly mist it with water. After 3 days uncover the egg and bury
it half way. It should appear normal. Never spray water directly onto the egg.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
aldino
aldino

Male

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:19 pm

tnx bro kennel.. nice info. la ako vermiculite at perlite e. gamit ko lang e pitt moss.., need ko ng info kung panu humidity pag pit moss ang gamit.
Back to top Go down
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

misting questions Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:38 pm

aldino wrote:
tnx bro kennel.. nice info. la ako vermiculite at perlite e. gamit ko lang e pitt moss.., need ko ng info kung panu humidity pag pit moss ang gamit.
ok bro wait natin suggestions ng mga masters sa lg.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

misting questions Medal_15misting questions Medal_17misting questions Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:51 pm

aldino wrote:
bbstar06 wrote:

ahh.. pitt moss ung gamit ko lng d2 sa bahay e
peat moss? bakit natuyo? wag mo nalang basain ung egg. cover it para magmoist tapos every week open mo para sumingaw tapos cover ulit.
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
Exotic1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Exotic1

Male
Location Quezon City

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:53 pm

aldino wrote:
bbstar06 wrote:

medium? anung medium bro?

kung small, medium o large daw yung incubator...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Exotic1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Exotic1

Male
Location Quezon City

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:59 pm

RVL Kennel wrote:
aldino wrote:
ok bro wait natin suggestions ng mga masters sa lg.. Very Happy

ok na rin pit moss basta pigain mo lang muna bago mo gamitin..... saka mas maganda kung meron kay hydrometer para ma maintain mo yung moisture. minsan kasi pag tinignan mo parang tuyo na pero basa pa pala.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

misting questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: misting questions   misting questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

misting questions
Page 1 of 1