Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yanz.vm
yanz.vm

Male
Location manila

iguana - Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon? Empty
PostSubject: Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?   iguana - Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Ano po mas madali maintenance? yung mga care sheet po kasi na nababasa ko US based. gusto ko po sana malaman kung paano care ng BD and GI dito satin. alam ko po eh necessary talaga heat sa BD, and sa GI naman large enclo.
Meron po kasi ako questions for both BD and GI.
So, Which one would you prefer? and why?
Thanks PEP.
Back to top Go down
llvllarvel
llvllarvel

Male
Location caloocan city

PostSubject: Re: Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?   iguana - Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:49 am

hi yanz.. based on my experience mas high maintenance ang BD, GI's are tougher and can adopt to our weather very well as they live in tropics normally.I still have my GI since i started 2006, have successfully bred it twice. I used to own BD rin pero due to my work status before di ko mxdo natutukan especially during its breeding time. i lost BD pair 2010. if you have more questions feel free to ask or give me a pm.
Back to top Go down
yanz.vm
yanz.vm

Male
Location manila

PostSubject: Re: Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?   iguana - Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 pm

llvllarvel wrote:
hi yanz.. based on my experience mas high maintenance ang BD, GI's are tougher and can adopt to our weather very well as they live in tropics normally.I still have my GI since i started 2006, have successfully bred it twice. I used to own BD rin pero due to my work status before di ko mxdo natutukan especially during its breeding time. i lost BD pair 2010. if you have more questions feel free to ask or give me a pm.
thank you po sir. nag iipon na nga po ako para sa GI project ko. btw, ano po pala yung inyo, GI or Mex GI? thank you po. Smile
Back to top Go down
llvllarvel
llvllarvel

Male
Location caloocan city

PostSubject: Re: Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?   iguana - Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 am

actually sir green iguana and common iguana or any other "place" green iguana are the same specie... they only vary from their land of origin.. mine was captive breed na here in the phil (but said to be originated "daw" sa mex)... when somebody says they're selling a mexican green iguana try to ask for proof that it really came from mexico...parang brand lng un kung saan made. what i can suggest is if you want to get a good GI..try to see the parent for genetic characteristics.. like try top see if may prominent ang rostral horns (the rhino like horns sa nose area) the body size built..some tends to grow bigger than the other.. color not much sir..kasi kahit anong green nyan on its juvy state..as time goes by it will fade tlga...
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

PostSubject: Re: Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?   iguana - Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:34 pm

llvllarvel wrote:
Questions Already answered. . . Hats Off. . . +1
llvllarvel wrote:
actually sir green iguana and common iguana or any other "place" green iguana are the same specie... they only vary from their land of origin.. mine was captive breed na here in the phil (but said to be originated "daw" sa mex)... when somebody says they're selling a mexican green iguana try to ask for proof that it really came from mexico...parang brand lng un kung saan made. what i can suggest is if you want to get a good GI..try to see the parent for genetic characteristics.. like try top see if may prominent ang rostral horns (the rhino like horns sa nose area) the body size built..some tends to grow bigger than the other.. color not much sir..kasi kahit anong green nyan on its juvy state..as time goes by it will fade tlga...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?   iguana - Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Iguana or Bearded Dragon?
Page 1 of 1