Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

My Exotic Collection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

My Exotic Collection Empty
PostSubject: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:32 pm

It's been 16 months (November 03, 2011) since I started taking care of tarantulas.

I was thinking of venturing to these kinds of pets long before but I got hooked with sulcatas and breeding dogs.

Then a friend of mine whose brother has an extensive collection of tarantulas started tagging me since I said I wanted tarantulas.

She then gave me my first set of Ts.

It was my advantage to start with because taking care of them is nothing compared to taking care of a dog or a cat:
you don't have to sweep their poos, feed them everyday, enroll them into a behavior training class and most of all, cuddle them to make them like you too. So this will serve as my blog to update my status.

So I started (like everyone else) with a 1k package of Brachypelma albopilosum, Brachypelma boehmei, and Brachypelma smithi (which turned out a B.albopilosum). So just imagine how tedious feeding and taking care of 2cm Ts for a starter was. But it was all worth it as everytime they molt, the gradually change until they were juveniles.

One of my Brachypelma albopilosum
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the misID B.smithi turned out B.albopilosum (was changed thereafter)

My female Brachypelma boehmei (turned out female but has long died, summer of 2012)

1 month after (December 2011), I added two new Brachypelma species in my starter collection: B.klaasi (2cm) and B.albiceps (1cm)

My Brachypelma klaasi (started as 2cm spiderling turned out female but I have to let go of her and have to be traded with Avicularia sp. blue velvet and Cyriocosmus perezmilesi (turned out female)

My Brachypelma albiceps (started with 1cm of her. It was so hard to feed this tarantula but she is now a 3-inch beautiful lady named Hanzel (from the color resemblance of my favorite biscuit and her carapace.)) And among those I have shown you, she is the only one left because I dearly love her attitude and her appearance.

2012 arrived.

Avicularia species were introduced to me by the same friend. She had stocks of A.velutina, A.azuraklaasi, A.huriana, A.versicolor and another Avicularia (of species I no longer remember). I chose A.velutina as my first arboreal. Bought her for 1.2k on February 2012
However, it turned out a "she" but I turned her over to a good friend who is really interested in avics and I know my friend could really taking care of her. I think she is in a breeding loan now. Smile

In february 2012, I met a Grammostola sp. "Formosa" turned out female and now currently a 4.5-5inches and almost ready to breed. I have a male for her and is currently 4in.
Here she is when she was 3in baby.

This Haplopelma minax was only in my care for some time.

April 2012: as my birthday gift, I bought a female Monocentropus balfouri and Avicularia metallica. Sweet! With free 2 Brachypelma albopilosum. Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][quote]
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Avicularia metallica sling. I use Mcdo sundae plastic cups for cheaper and beautiful sling enclosure for my arboreals.

The following are no longer in my collection:

Brachypelma smithi female

Grammostola pulchripes female
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Currently what I have now are the following:

1.1.0 Grammostola sp. "Formosa" (I am hoping for successful breeding this year.)

0.1 Avicularia versicolor named "Alice"

0.1 Avicularia sp. "Pucallpa"

0.1 Avicularia purpurea (molted 3x since taking this picture. I will update this soon. Smile )

0.0.1 Avicularia avicularia (molted 2x since this picture was taken)

0.0.1 Avicularia aurantiaca (molted 2x since this picture was taken)

0.0.1 Avicularia sp. "Blue Velvet"

0.1 Cyriocosmus perezmilesi (FOR LOAN)

1.0 Pamphobeteus sp. "Machalla" Sub-adult/hopefully I could find someone here selling female or for Loan Smile

2.2.0 Selenocosmia samarae

I also have the following but I currently don't have pictures:
0.0.5 Pterinochilus chordatus
0.0.7 Selenobrachys philipinus
1.0 Poecilotheria miranda (currently looking for a female, message me if you have one. Smile )
0.1 Psalmopoeus reduncus
0.1 Ceratogyrus marshalli
0.1 Brachypelma auratum
0.2 Brachypelma albiceps
0.1.1 Brachypelma albopilosum
0.0.1 Euathlus truculentus
0.0.1 Euathlus sp. Green
0.1.1 Lasiodora parahybana

My collection is slowly growing but I am loving it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Nice collection you got there sir, i especially like your avics
Back to top Go down
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 am

ganda ng collection mo sir, request namn ng mga enclosure mo dyan and T room setup Smile
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Mazach wrote:
Nice collection you got there sir, i especially like your avics
Thank you sir. I am still starting.

icemanx2 wrote:
ganda ng collection mo sir, request namn ng mga enclosure mo dyan and T room setup Smile
Thank you sir.

Since I don't have a picture of my enclosure sir, let me describe it for now. I put my collection below the kitchen sink. I use lamp to heat them up at night with 45-50w yellow lamp. Enclosure set-up is almost the same as everyone here sir except that I put a cork bark which I usually moist with water and it would hold higher humidity. I water them every two weeks.

Example: My Grammostola sp. Formosa female set-up

*notice the bark. she loves to hang out in that same spot sir. I know they should be at the drier side but this specimen loves to sit on moist areas of her enclosure.

Enclosures are usually critter keepers (20gal) for adult females. Adult males' enclosures are usually microwaveable plastic containers. Arboreal slings are kept usually in McDo sundae plastic containers. Terrestrial slings in transparent plastic cups po. I will post soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:15 pm

haha.. hnd ko pa din nakikita mga to sa personal. hehe

yun oh si alice bro gusto ko hawakan haha..

yung balfouri meron pa dn ba bro o yun yung snsbi mo?
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Shocked Nice coLLections. . . buti nmn d k nadiscouraged ng naLaman m n ung smithi turns out to be another aLbo. . . Keep Up the good work esp. s mga T's n mahiLig tumambay sa itaas. . . cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Exotic Collection   My Exotic Collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Exotic Collection
Page 1 of 1