Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

My Ts :D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
coolswitch
coolswitch

Male
Location Laguna

My Ts :D Empty
PostSubject: My Ts :D   My Ts :D I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 am

Smithi 1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Smithi 3

N. Chromatus

Pero gusto ko ng Pulchra, kaya ipon mode muna What a Face

Btw, baka mabigyan nyo po ako ng link that contains names of all local SP, plan ko mabuo sila eh... para may checklist ako
Back to top Go down
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

My Ts :D Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ts :D   My Ts :D I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 am

nice Ts sir!
now for your request:

Philippines species are considered as Old world tarantulas they would bite if they feel threatened. Sad to say, tarantula hobbyist are confused on identifying our local species because they are really look alike.

Anyway, let's make this fast, here are the Phil species that I knew. Please forgive me if I can't provide pictures for all the species.

1. Phlogiellus baeri
2. Phlogiellus insularis
3. Phlogiellus mutus
4. Orphnaecus pillitus
5. Selenobrachys philipinus
6. Selenobrachys samarae

Phlogiellus baeri or the P. baeri (Philippine Dwarf Tarantula) are found in Luzon area and can reach up to 2.5inches.

Phlogiellus mutus and Phlogiellus insularis are look alike of a P.baeri but this is found in Visayas and Mindanao area and a bit more bigger than a P. baeri. Thiese two specie are more brownish than the P.baeri too.

Selenobrachys samarae or the samar cave tarantula are found on the cave of samar. this specie tends to be a semi arboreal tarantula, sometimes it dwells in ground sometimes on trees.

Selenobrachys philipinus or the Philippine Orange Tarantula, this specie is only found on Panay and Negros Island. IMO, this is the most beautiful tarantula that can be found at Philippines, this specie is known to be a burrower and a webber. This specie cost fairly expensive in abroad because this specie is hard to breed. I guess I've seen an ads selling a 1cm sling(spiderling) of this specie for 45USD.

Orphnaecus pillitus
Posted by felmor at 4:18 AM - (not sure if he's the same felmor here at PEP)

Source : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

My Ts :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Philippine Exotic Pets :: General Discussion :: Exotics :: Tarantulas :: Tarantula Collection and Enclosure-
Jump to: