Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm Empty
PostSubject: Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm   Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 am

I had read some articles online that we can freeze MW/SW until ready for use. Meron ba sa atin dito na gumagawa ng ganito?
Natanong ko to kasi ang dami ng nabili kong mealworm and sayang namn kung maging adults agad sila.

And iniisip ko na i gut load na sila a before ko i refrigerate. And comments regarding this po?
Back to top Go down
TipplerMG
Pet Master
Pet Master
TipplerMG

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm   Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:36 am

TS I'm no expert but what I know is that Mealworms can go into a dormant state and last for months (6-10 weeks) if you keep them in the fridge. I suggest that you remove them from the fridge once a week so they can eat and drink for 24 hours then remove any uneaten food, and place them back into the refrigerator.

But DO NOT do this for Superworms I already tried it once, they just died and their color turned black after I removed them from the fridge. Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm   Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:50 am

I see, thanks po, i'll test few mw and see what happens. will post feedback later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm   Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refrigerate Mealworm/Superworm
Page 1 of 1