Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)

Go down 
+4
carlski
lemuel0909
Tattoo
RVL Kennel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Medal_12
Male
Location Novaliches,Quezon City

"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Empty
PostSubject: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

25 Human Foods Toxic To Dogs
By: M Bauer Pulis

Recently, there has been a lot of news about unsafe and toxic commercial dog foods. Unfortunately, this problem isn’t really ‘news’. It seems that incidents like this occur periodically. Perhaps this is one reason more and more people are opting to ‘home cook’ for their pets. In order to properly home-cook for your pets though, you should first have a basic knowledge of canine nutritional needs; and, even more importantly, a thorough knowledge of human foods that are harmful to dogs. Some foods which are safe for humans can be poisonous for our canine companions,when in doubt always check with your vet. Here is the list to get you started:

1. Onions (Both onions and garlic contain the toxic ingredient Thiosulphate. But onions are more of a danger. Many dog biscuits contain *small* amounts of garlic – garlic contains less of this toxin so huge amounts would need to be consumed to be toxic. And, by the way, this poison builds up the system – it can be toxic in one large dose – or with repeated consumption of small amounts.)

2. Chocolate (Chocolate contains Theobromine, a compound that is a cardiac stimulant and a diuretic. This can be fatal to dogs.)

3. Grapes (Grapes are dangerous because of an unknown substance which is toxic to dogs – affects canine’s kidneys)

4. Raisins (See above.)

5. Most Fruit Pits and Seeds (Contain Cyanogenic Glycosides resulting in cyanide poisoning – though the fruit itself is OK.)

6. Macadamia Nuts (Macadamia nuts contain an unknown substance that is toxic to dogs.)

7. Most Bones should *not* be given (especially chicken bones) because they can splinter and cause laceration of the digestive system and/or become lodged in your pet’s throat – so they also pose a choking hazard.

8. Potato Peelings and Green Potatoes (Contain Oxalates, which can affect the digestive, nervous, and urinary systems.)

9. Rhubarb leaves (see above)

10. Broccoli (Broccoli is only toxic in large quantities.)

11. Green parts of Tomatoes or Green Potatoes(Contain oxalates, which can affect the digestive, nervous, and urinary systems.)

12. Yeast Dough (Yeast Dough can produce gas and swell in your pet’s stomach – leading to rupture of the digestive system)

13. Coffee/Coffee Grounds and Tea ( are dangerous due to the caffeine.)

14. Beer/Wine/Alcohol of any kind (Alcohol of any kind could lead to coma or even death.)

15. Human Vitamins (Human vitamins, especially those containing iron, can cause damage to the lining of the digestive system as well as cause kidney and liver damage)

16. Moldy or Spoiled Food (though I think this goes without saying.)

17. Persimmons (Persimmons can cause intestinal blockage)

18. Raw Eggs and Raw Fish (Raw eggs and some raw fish can cause Salmonella poisoning.)

19. Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder (In large amounts these can cause an electrolyte imbalance – and severe electrolyte imbalances can lead to muscle spasm or even congestive heart failure.)

20. Mushrooms (Mushrooms may contain toxins which could cause liver and kidney damage)

21. Sugar-Free Foods (Sugar-free foods containing Xylitol have been found to cause liver failure in some dogs.)

22. Nutmeg (Nutmeg can cause tremors, seizures, and central nervous system damage.)

23. Excessive Fatty Foods (Excess fatty foods can cause Pancreatitis.)

24. Avocado (All parts of the avocado and avocado tree are toxic to dogs.)

25. Dairy Products (Dairy products don’t usually pose a great danger; but many dairy product have high fat content (see number 23) – and many pets are lactose intolerant – some pets more than others. Lactose intolerance leads to gas and diarrhea; though small amounts of yogurt and cheese are usually fairly well tolerated.)

Keep these 25 toxic foods in mind when cooking for your dog. And always ask your vet when in doubt about anything concerning your pet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.renegadevanlars.multiply.com
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Medal_15"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Medal_17"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Very informative! Avocado yta bawal sa lhat maliban sa tao. Poison kz avocado sa birds lalo na sa lovebirds.

keep it up! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

Male

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:10 pm

thanks sir i agree mataas ang toxins ng avocado para sa animals sa paniki lang ata walang epekto Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 pm

nice info again sir,, thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Medal_15"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Medal_17"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Sana ganito lhat ng mods thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
lemuel0909
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
lemuel0909

Male
Location cabuyao laguna

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Tattoo wrote:
Sana ganito lhat ng mods thumbs up

hahaha,,nyak,, thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://lemuel0909.myadpost.com
RVL Kennel
Pet Master
Pet Master
RVL Kennel

Male

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:45 am

drinks
Back to top Go down
carlski
carlski

Male
Location Paranaque City

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:30 pm

very informative...haha wala ng kinaen aso namen..
Back to top Go down
ForSale
ForSale

Male
Location Metro manila PASIG

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:09 pm

poison pala avocado XD
hehe buti pala di namatay aso ko dati.
binigyan ko ng Avocado(inosterize) + Condensed milk
Back to top Go down
Arvin
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Arvin

Male
Location Caloocan

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:03 pm

wow! marami akong natutunan ah.. so yung tinapay palay hindi rin dapat.

Back to top Go down
jhepoy
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jhepoy

Male
Location Navotas

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:59 pm

nice, galing naman. ang dami plng bawal XD

salamat sa info sir )Very Happy
Back to top Go down
humadapnon
humadapnon

Male
Location Quezon City

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 pm

wow maraming salamat, nadagdagan na naman ang aking kaalaman!
salamat sa pagbahagi ng iyong karunungan kapatid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)   "25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"25 Human Foods" (Toxic to Dogs)
Page 1 of 1