Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Did you know?

Go down 
+5
CAPRICORN07
BradPitbull
Exotic1
archer
Tattoo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Did you know? Medal_15Did you know? Medal_17Did you know? Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Did you know that a spider's web is stronger than steel? A spider's web would be five times stronger than a piece of steel the same size.
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Did you know that a protein found in tarantula venom has been shown to prevent atrial fibrillation, a condition marked by irregular heart beats
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Did you know that researchers have discovered that female wandering spiders use silk scented with pheromones to attract mates.
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Male

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Did you know that the smallest mammal in the world is the bumblebee bat from Thailand? Its about the size of a bumblebee and weighs less than a penny.
Back to top Go down
archer
Pet Master
Pet Master
archer

Male
Location Singapore

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 am

Did you know?
Frogs have teeth on their upper jaws but none on their lower.

Did you know?
Toads have no teeth.

Did you know?
You cannot get warts from toads!

Did you know?
Toads have relatively short legs and lack the jumping ability and range of frogs.
Back to top Go down
http://rnelng.multiply.com
Exotic1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Exotic1

Male
Location Quezon City

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:44 am

Did you know?...A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.

Did you know?...A shrimp's heart is in its head.

Did you know?...Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.

Did you know?...Goats and octopus' eyes have rectangular pupils.

Did you know?...Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can't find any food.

Did you know?...The female preying mantis devours her partner while they're mating or she might rip his head off before because he cannot 'perform' with his head is attached to his body. Girl Power!

Did you know?...The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people !

Did you know?...If someone places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
BradPitbull
Super

Super  Moderator
BradPitbull

Did you know? Medal_11Did you know? Medal_12Did you know? Medal_15Did you know? Medal_17
Did you know? Medal_14
Male
Location Here, There and Everywhere

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:14 am

Exotic1 wrote:

Did you know?...If someone places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.

I think there's a scientific explanation with this one, it's possible that the pleural membrane (membrane that connects the exoskeleton of the scorpion) absorbs the liqour that penetrates the innards of the scorpion, in that effect creating an unexplainable pain due to the penetration of the liqour, mistaking the pain from an attack that's why the scorpion is trying to retaliate by stinging the part where the liqour enters the membrane.

Remember that the 1st instar scorplings stays at the back of the female so that it can absorbs nutrient from her.

IMHO
Back to top Go down
CAPRICORN07
CAPRICORN07

Male
Location Manila, Philippines

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: NEWBIE HERE!!!   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:46 pm

BradPitbull wrote:
Exotic1 wrote:

I think there's a scientific explanation with this one, it's possible that the pleural membrane (membrane that connects the exoskeleton of the scorpion) absorbs the liqour that penetrates the innards of the scorpion, in that effect creating an unexplainable pain due to the penetration of the liqour, mistaking the pain from an attack that's why the scorpion is trying to retaliate by stinging the part where the liqour enters the membrane.

Remember that the 1st instar scorplings stays at the back of the female so that it can absorbs nutrient from her.

IMHO
WOW!!!!! gling ni Brad ha. pki xplain further more. heheehehe [joke]
Back to top Go down
gudb0i
gudb0i

Male
Location nueva ecija

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:49 pm

CAPRICORN07 wrote:
BradPitbull wrote:
Exotic1 wrote:

IMHO
i love it! Ü
Back to top Go down
chrelan
chrelan

Male
Location quezon city

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 pm

wow ang galing..
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:26 pm

More INFO's please mga sir/ma'am. . .

drinks for that

Back to top Go down
TheExoticManPH
TheExoticManPH

Male
Location Under Your Bed

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:18 pm

gudb0i wrote:
CAPRICORN07 wrote:
BradPitbull wrote:
Exotic1 wrote:

IMHO
i love it! Ü

this happened to my 7i male celeb, stinged itself to death, but i did not pour any liquor, i dont even have liquor here(im still a kid). maybe alcohol dropped accidentallY?
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Did u know that certain heat or fire can make a scorpz gone mad and sting itself to death?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Did you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know?   Did you know? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Philippine Exotic Pets :: Others :: Animal Facts-
Jump to: