Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Bearded Dragon Morphs

Go down 
+7
hirow08
sgtpong
felmor
electric_ranchu
Yhanzdcreptiles
johnny888
sen jen
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sen jen
PEP
Staff

PEP  Staff
sen jen

Male
Location San Antonio, Las Pinas

Bearded Dragon Morphs Empty
PostSubject: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Bearded Dragon Morphs..

Bearded Dragons are found in a variety of colour morphs, whose variations are largely dependant on locality, temperature, and in the case of the central and eastern Bearded Dragons, selective breeding. Below is an article detailing the more common morphs found in the hobby that are a result of commercial breeding. However, many hundreds of further variations are available as hybrids of existing lineages.

Red Italian Leatherback Bearded Dragons - It is widely acknowledged that there are at least two distinct lines of these dragons. The Italian lineage is known as the Leatherback, the US morph is called the American Smoothie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Leucistic bloodline of morph are completely white from head to foot, from the moment they hatch and into adulthood.

The Blood Red Bearded Dragon boasts an intense red colouration.

Snow Bearded Dragons are often confused with the Leucistic bloodline given their white colouration at adulthood. However, snow's are hatched as pale pink that begins to fade within a few days and continues to develop into shades of white with dashes of pink and yellow. Snow's very rarely achieve an absolute white coat, instead retaining areas of contrasting highlights of pink or yellow.

Sandfire Bearded Dragons were originally bred selectively from red and gold dragon specimens in the early 90's. The selective breeding process eventually succeeded in producing the so-called Sandfire bloodline with it's unique appearance. The Sandfire is now one of the most well-known and sought-after specimens in the hobby.

Salmon Bearded Dragons are derived from the breeding of Snow Dragons and Sandfire Dragons. Can develop a range of colours within the pink to orange spectrum, and usually lose their patterns as they mature.

The German Giants are amongst the most robust and fastest growing of all the dragon bloodlines. Renowned for their ability to yield large clutch sizes, they are frequently used in the breeding process for their valuable genetic traits in the hope of producing high volumes of larger, more enticing offspring.

The Sunburst Bearded Dragon has a fabulous yellow and orange appearance made even more spectacular with dashes of red either in recognisable patterns or randomly dispersed.

The recessive Hypomelanism (aka "Hypo") gene in bearded dragons causes a reduction in melanin (the same pigment that gives us a suntan) in their skin. This gives them a much lighter colour.
The effects of this are two-fold: firstly the dragon appears lighter overall, with a larger proportion of white areas. Secondly other colours are less masked by the brown pigments. This means that although other colours aren't directly affected, dragons will often appear brighter or more colourful than usual.
Hypos are very pale and often almost white on hatching - these dragons are around a week old; the two on the left are Hypos, and the one on the right is a normally-coloured sibling:
Hypos are also characterised by their totally clear nails - if a "Hypo" doesn't have clear nails, chances are it's not a Hypo at all, just a pale normal dragon. These are clear nails:
As adults, Hypos keep their paleness and many develop lavendar tones, especially on their shoulders and sides. Like the other "simple" traits, it's compatible with other morphs. When combined with strong patterns and colours, the Hypo gene can create some stunning animals, such as this juvenile:

The Translucent (aka "Trans") morph in bearded dragons causes a reduction in the white pigment in the outer layers of skin, causing them to become partially see-through. This gives Trans beardies a very unusual skin tone, along with jet-black eyes in many individuals, like this female:
The Trans gene was actually discovered several years ago, but unfortunately in a relatively weak genetic line. Lots of hard work outcrossing the line (mostly in the US), has led to the robust, high-quality bloodlines available today!

NOTE: This are only few, of hundred's morphs | cross morphs of Bearded Dragons. Please feel free to add new morphs or place your comment and suggestion. Thanks

Source | Credit :
Wikipets | Hades Dragons
Thanks To: PEP9 | Tattoo
Back to top Go down
johnny888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
johnny888

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Very informative.
Back to top Go down
Yhanzdcreptiles
Super

Super  Moderator
Yhanzdcreptiles

Male
Location City of Manila

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:28 pm

thumbs up Very Informative Keep It Up Bro. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://yhanzdc86.multiply.com/
electric_ranchu
electric_ranchu

Male
Location Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:36 am

Very Happy thanks sir for sharing
Back to top Go down
sen jen
PEP
Staff

PEP  Staff
sen jen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:40 am

johnny888 wrote:

Very informative.

Yhanzdcreptiles wrote:
thumbs up Very Informative Keep It Up Bro. thumbs up

electric_ranchu wrote:
Very Happy thanks sir for sharing

Salamat din po mga Sir.
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:35 am

one one bro. Smile keep it up ^_^
Back to top Go down
sen jen
PEP
Staff

PEP  Staff
sen jen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:06 am

felmor wrote:
one one bro. Smile keep it up ^_^

Salamat Boss Felmor.. Nahook na tlaga ako sa BD's Razz
Back to top Go down
sgtpong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
sgtpong

Male
Location Mandaluyong City

PostSubject: ... †   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:14 am

nice one..
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
hirow08
hirow08

Male
Location Pasay

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone here selling BD's? or who has friend?
Prefer hatchlings.
thanks
Back to top Go down
bunzo
bunzo

Male
Location bulacan

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:25 am

yehey! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
littletotxie

Male
Location Marikina City

PostSubject: re:   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Very informative. Thank you Sir Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iamn0thing
iamn0thing

Male
Location Parañaque City

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

nice thread. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://iamn0thing-my365project.blogspot.com
KILLEDCULTURE
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
KILLEDCULTURE

Male
Location MANILA

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:21 am

Good job sir =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon Morphs   Bearded Dragon Morphs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragon Morphs
Page 1 of 1