Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Uneexplained BP Death

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
omukae
omukae

Male
Location Laguna

Uneexplained BP Death Empty
PostSubject: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:45 pm

its has been 2 weeks since i lost a pair of BPs.
they died unexpectedly and for no reason.
they died a friday, i just cleaned their housing and changed their substrate "kusot" and water.
left them at their usual temperature/moisture/humidity monitored room together with my inverts.
when i came back from work that evening i saw both of them coiled up and non-moving, and upon checking they have stiffened and died.
both are visibly healthy, both just ate adult mice on tuesday and another on saturday.
i check their bins everyday for waste and to change their water.
the mice i buy from cartimar in batches and since the mice from cartimar are small, i grow them a month before i feed them to the snakes. so the risk of contaminated food is very low.

the BPs where acquired april 2011 from different breeders.
so they have been well taken care of for the past 8 months.
male was 328g and female was 362g.

i am really puzzled as to how they died.
maybe someone here can shed some light, so in the even that i get another pair of BPs it will not happen again.
Back to top Go down
happysmile88
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
happysmile88

Male
Location Malabon

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Ive read a lot of care sheets on bearded dragons and this is the first time that i've heard that they should be fed mice as their staple diet. Did you provide them with their heat uvb uva basking area? This might be what they call burmination i hope you didnt throw them away yet.

Im not an expert haha
Back to top Go down
felmor
Global

GlobalModerator
felmor

Male
Location Anywhere would you would be

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:10 pm

happysmile88 wrote:
Ive read a lot of care sheets on bearded dragons and this is the first time that i've heard that they should be fed mice as their staple diet. Did you provide them with their heat uvb uva basking area? This might be what they call burmination i hope you didnt throw them away yet.

Im not an expert haha

Bro, ball python yata topic, baka na misread mo yung BP as BD.hehehe

@TS
Condolence, anong kusot gamit mo bro? yung pang reptiles talaga? I'm not expert here
Back to top Go down
omukae
omukae

Male
Location Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 pm

happysmile88 wrote:

Im not an expert haha

Yes sir Ball Python, not a Bearded Dragon.

felmor wrote:

Bro, ball python yata topic, baka na misread mo yung BP as BD.hehehe

@TS
Condolence, anong kusot gamit mo bro? yung pang reptiles talaga? I'm not expert here

i have been using the kusot from Cartimar, the standard wood shavings, but before i put them in the bins i leave them lying out so vent any smell or scent that the kusot contains.

i really want a new pair of BPs so bad.
Back to top Go down
omukae
omukae

Male
Location Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 pm

does anyone know how i can change the title of the thread so i dont confuse other people.
and i misspelled "Unexplained".
Back to top Go down
happysmile88
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
happysmile88

Male
Location Malabon

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:47 am

Ah ok sorry BP pala :P
Condolences, anyway sa tingin ko dapat ipadala mo yun corpse ng 2 BP mo sa isang vet para gumawa sha ng necropsy kung meron man nag offer nun dito. Yan sigro yun best bet mo para malaman although 2 weeks na so mejo malabo na ung condition ng katawan nila noh?

Consult niyo si cham 09163281821 bka makatulong sha.
Back to top Go down
KILLEDCULTURE
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
KILLEDCULTURE

Male
Location MANILA

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:17 pm

The best move is ipa examine mo sila
Back to top Go down
Tattoo
Administrator
Administrator
Tattoo

Uneexplained BP Death Medal_15Uneexplained BP Death Medal_17Uneexplained BP Death Medal_10
Male
Location Novaliches, Quezon City

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 pm

omukae wrote:
does anyone know how i can change the title of the thread so i dont confuse other people.
and i misspelled "Unexplained".
post here your request to change the title and the mods will change it for you.

BTW, condolence sir.
Back to top Go down
http://pep9.nstars.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uneexplained BP Death   Uneexplained BP Death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uneexplained BP Death
Page 1 of 1