Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Help!!!! snake not eating

Go down 
+2
aculeus
Epicpedroman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Epicpedroman
Epicpedroman

Male
Location Las pinas

Help!!!!  snake not eating Empty
PostSubject: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:40 pm

i got my garter snake last sunday, monday night i placed a mice in its bin and it wont eat it, should i be worried?

Last edited by Vacuum on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words in caps- HELP)
Back to top Go down
aculeus
aculeus

Male
Location manila

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 pm

it depends. how old is the snake? when was its last feeding? is it thin or fat? blue phase?

the weather is quite cold and its a new acquisition. Either its metabolism has slowed down because of the cold or namamahay.

if the snake isnt pre-shed, ate recently, hasnt regurgitated or vomited and looks healthy (not thin enough that you can see the bones or the skin sags) then I wouldnt worry.
Back to top Go down
Epicpedroman
Epicpedroman

Male
Location Las pinas

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 pm

I think it might be shedding...
Blue days? Im sorry, im new with this snake thing, can i have some more help?
Back to top Go down
aculeus
aculeus

Male
Location manila

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:31 pm

blue phase is another term for pre-shed. its because the eyes turning translucent "blue" or grey in your case due to the new eye cap forming under the old one. Very Happy

basta hindi naman sobrang payat, hindi sumusuka, no cause for alarm if it doesnt eat for a few days. i used to feed my hatchling colubrids a pinky every 3 to 5 days. sub adults to adults, once a week.
Back to top Go down
Epicpedroman
Epicpedroman

Male
Location Las pinas

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 am

Thank you po sir, nawala napo yung mga blue sa mata niya but there are stull scales flaking out from his body. Hindi din po siya masyado gumalaw but when i take him off the bin its the only time he moves actively.
Back to top Go down
lindow654
lindow654

Male
Location Sta.Rosa City,Laguna

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:05 pm

sir pwede mo po bang picturan or magpost ka po ng picture d2 para makita ko po ung garter snake nyo po
Back to top Go down
Vacuum
Super

Super  Moderator
Vacuum

Male

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

edited your title thank you
Back to top Go down
johnny888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
johnny888

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:47 pm

If it's a true garter snake it will definitely ignore your mice because it feeds mostly on amphibians, minnows, newts and worms for the newborn unless it is captive bred and already acclimatized or trained to eat mice. If it's a local species I am thinking that what you have is a bronze back snake or keeled back snake so much so that mice is not it's prey item because it is regularly feeding on lizards and frogs so my advice is for you to check and be sure about the specific identity of the snake that you are keeping that is why it is highly recommended that you do your research before acquiring any pet to avoid some hassles like this one.
Back to top Go down
PoYtoot
PoYtoot

Male
Location Novaliches Quezon City

PostSubject: Sheding   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:34 pm

baka malapit na sya mag shed or molt or palit ng balat. ganyan din prob ko nuon sa python ko.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help!!!! snake not eating   Help!!!!  snake not eating I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help!!!! snake not eating
Page 1 of 1