Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

pterinopelma sazimai

Go down 
+3
Gagamboy
kendall harry
leejoshua20
7 posters
AuthorMessage
leejoshua20
leejoshua20

Male
Location iloilo city

pterinopelma sazimai Empty
PostSubject: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 am

A new species of iridescent blue tarantula has been discovered by zoologists in remote and mountainous areas of Brazil

Mostly due to their large size, tarantulas occupy a unique place in popular culture. From Tarzan to Indiana Jones, film-makers have long understood their power to induce arachnophobia in the masses. In São Paulo, researchers Bertani, Nagahama and Fukushima have discovered a beautiful new species of tarantula from Bahia and Minas Gerais, Brazil, that deserves a starring role. Male and juvenile individuals of Pterinopelma sazimai are cryptically coloured in browns and greys, but the female sports a coat of iridescent blue hair that is truly spectacular.

Specimens were collected from a montane subtropical savanna eco-region of eastern Brazil known as the "campo rupestre". Perched atop rocky outcrops above 900 metres, the plants endemic to these tabletop mountains have been studied by botanists, who conclude that the higher rainfall and very different surrounding soil types make them ecological islands. As with all island situations, the occupied area is limited and therefore unique plants and animals are vulnerable. The limited distribution of Pterinopelma sazimai places it in a category deserving of conservation attention.

This is not the first blue tarantula. The cobalt blue tarantula, Haplopelma lividum, is an Asian species described in 1996 that is endemic to Myanmar and Thailand and has iridescent blue legs. There are about 900 species of tarantula in more than 100 genera distributed around the world in tropical and desert regions. They are predators that line burrows with silk or, in the case of some arboreal species, build silk "tube tents". The largest species can kill small mammals, lizards and birds.
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:39 am

nice info sir thumbs up meron na kaya gnyn dito?? hehe
Back to top Go down
Gagamboy
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Gagamboy

Male
Location Metro Manila

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:40 am

kendall harry wrote:

Yup , mahal nga lang Razz
Back to top Go down
http://pep.nstars.org
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:51 am

Gagamboy wrote:
kendall harry wrote:

kung ano ang bago.. un ang mahal.. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
NeildellotA
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NeildellotA

Male
Location Iloilo city

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 pm

kendall harry wrote:
Gagamboy wrote:
kendall harry wrote:

kung ano ang bago.. un ang mahal.. thumbs up

I agree.. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
chibogzz
chibogzz

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 pm

leejoshua20 wrote:
A new species of iridescent blue tarantula has been discovered by zoologists in remote and mountainous areas of Brazil

Mostly due to their large size, tarantulas occupy a unique place in popular culture. From Tarzan to Indiana Jones, film-makers have long understood their power to induce arachnophobia in the masses. In São Paulo, researchers Bertani, Nagahama and Fukushima have discovered a beautiful new species of tarantula from Bahia and Minas Gerais, Brazil, that deserves a starring role. Male and juvenile individuals of Pterinopelma sazimai are cryptically coloured in browns and greys, but the female sports a coat of iridescent blue hair that is truly spectacular.

Specimens were collected from a montane subtropical savanna eco-region of eastern Brazil known as the "campo rupestre". Perched atop rocky outcrops above 900 metres, the plants endemic to these tabletop mountains have been studied by botanists, who conclude that the higher rainfall and very different surrounding soil types make them ecological islands. As with all island situations, the occupied area is limited and therefore unique plants and animals are vulnerable. The limited distribution of Pterinopelma sazimai places it in a category deserving of conservation attention.

This is not the first blue tarantula. The cobalt blue tarantula, Haplopelma lividum, is an Asian species described in 1996 that is endemic to Myanmar and Thailand and has iridescent blue legs. There are about 900 species of tarantula in more than 100 genera distributed around the world in tropical and desert regions. They are predators that line burrows with silk or, in the case of some arboreal species, build silk "tube tents". The largest species can kill small mammals, lizards and birds.

bro, I think langan mo yata lagay un source nun info mo. parang nasa regulation yata. paki double check n lng mga admin.

and yes meron na nito dito. un isa sa mga well respected seller dito satin meron na nito but hindi pa for sale kasi masyado mahal. wait nyo for a few more years baka magkaron na nito and for sale n.
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Sinearch ko nga sa google ang ganda ng kulay! Sana nga maging available sya at an affordable price naman
Back to top Go down
NeildellotA
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NeildellotA

Male
Location Iloilo city

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Mazach wrote:
Sinearch ko nga sa google ang ganda ng kulay! Sana nga maging available sya at an affordable price naman

Basta bagong na discover na sp. bro, d affordable Yan.. Hahaha thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Di masama mangarap, hahaha! Malay mo parthenogenetic pala sya(i wish) eh di magiging mura yun
Back to top Go down
leejoshua20
leejoshua20

Male
Location iloilo city

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:50 pm

9K yata Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeildellotA
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NeildellotA

Male
Location Iloilo city

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Mazach wrote:
Di masama mangarap, hahaha! Malay mo parthenogenetic pala sya(i wish) eh di magiging mura yun

Sana nga.. Wahihihihi thumbs up
Back to top Go down
elem3nt
elem3nt

Male
Location South Sector

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Fyi. They're not that large. More like boehmei size. Also, there's a lot of blue tarantula sp's. Sazimai, blue femur, sing blue, gbb, pulcherima, cobalt blue, vietnam blue, p.met so on and so forth...
Back to top Go down
elem3nt
elem3nt

Male
Location South Sector

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:21 am

leejoshua20 wrote:
9K yata Very Happy
Wrong. Smile

Also, they're not that hard to breed accdg to a. very reliable source.
Back to top Go down
elem3nt
elem3nt

Male
Location South Sector

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:22 am

leejoshua20 wrote:
9K yata Very Happy
Wrong. Smile

Also, they're not that hard to breed accdg to a. very reliable source.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pterinopelma sazimai   pterinopelma sazimai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pterinopelma sazimai
Page 1 of 1