Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Ang Aking Komang

Go down 
+10
vansellvon
NeildellotA
leejoshua20
CAVIATION
Muzhyper
Mazach
icemanx2
Gagamboy
kendall harry
dlonelyboy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:26 am

think of it this way, kung anu pinakamalaking snail shell sa mundo may hermit crab na magkakasya dun na just right ang fit

Last edited by dlonelyboy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:29 am

@dlonelyboy: probably or most likely. The day after they were misted with chlorinated water, they were all outside their shells already, Sad poor sight. I had them for almost two years. I also feed them some fruits (banana peelings and apples when given the chance). I treat them like feeder animals as they are scavengers and eat what's available. Please post updates of your lovely hermit crab. He's a lucky find, I tell you. And I never thought, they look like the coconut crabs of Batanes. It's just that they are shelled. Or are they the same? Sorry for the queries. I'm excited to have found this thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:34 am

Another question: are seashore/saltwater hermits the same as those found underwater? Some of them even have anemones attached on their shells, i had these in my saltwater tank
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:38 am

@Mazach: Quite different although same initial life cycle po. And different species po. I have not read extensively on them. confused
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 am

Adrian Vincent wrote:
@dlonelyboy: probably or most likely. The day after they were misted with chlorinated water, they were all outside their shells already, Sad poor sight. I had them for almost two years. I also feed them some fruits (banana peelings and apples when given the chance). I treat them like feeder animals as they are scavengers and eat what's available. Please post updates of your lovely hermit crab. He's a lucky find, I tell you. And I never thought, they look like the coconut crabs of Batanes. It's just that they are shelled. Or are they the same? Sorry for the queries. I'm excited to have found this thread. Smile

robber crabs or coconut crabs and hermit crabs belong to the same family Smile

yes, he is indeed a lucky find. my friends wanted me to leave the hermit behind coz they're afraid (e.g. engkanto, dwende, etc.). I'm like seriously?! lol

he actually became dehydrated just the other day. i didn't do misting coz i thought the weather's cool but he's okay now.

i made a hermit crab ICU guide on a separate topic just in case
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:43 am

@mazach: those are not land hermit crabs. they will die in a couple of hours or less if you remove them from the water. they're also more aggressive and are able to catch live prey such as small fish
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:46 am

I really thought they are one and the same..thanks po
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 am

dlonelyboy wrote:
Adrian Vincent wrote:

robber crabs or coconut crabs and hermit crabs belong to the same family Smile

yes, he is indeed a lucky find. my friends wanted me to leave the hermit behind coz they're afraid (e.g. engkanto, dwende, etc.). I'm like seriously?! lol

he actually became dehydrated just the other day. i didn't do misting coz i thought the weather's cool but he's okay now.

i made a hermit crab ICU guide on a separate topic just in case

Wow, super galing!
I hope, I will be able to find one like yours in due time.
Smile
Yep, the supernatural beliefs/superstitions whatever you call them will always be tailing a wonderful creature, don't you think?
And they have been a staple pet in the UK so don't you believe in that especially, you're having them as a pet and will not end at your dinner table. drinks
As of now, I'm into Ts and maybe hermit crabs will make my collection more interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 am

pure gills lang kasi meron un unlike land hermits na may primitive air-breathing apparatus plus nag-iistore sila ng water inside their shells.
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:52 am

yup hermit crabs will always be a welcome addition to anyone's collection. plus, they're appealing to children Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:57 am

dlonelyboy wrote:
yup hermit crabs will always be a welcome addition to anyone's collection. plus, they're appealing to children Very Happy

wag lang yung claws and wewelcome. or else.... Laughing
I hope your hermits are open for shipping. bounce but I guess not. No
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:00 am

oh sorry i don't ship but if u happen to pass-by manila i could give u one. it's on me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 am

dlonelyboy wrote:

oh sorry i don't ship but if u happen to pass-by manila i could give u one. it's on me Very Happy

Wow, maybe we'll meet someday. Thank you.
I'm a bit busy now.
But thank you for the kindness.
Salamat. Smile
Nakawin ko nalang yung panganay mong hermit crab.
lol!
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 am

haha! imported kaya ung shell nya galing pang kota kinabalu yan from last year's vacation. pwede mo nakawin ung hermit pero ung shell bawal haha!
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 am

dlonelyboy wrote:
haha! imported kaya ung shell nya galing pang kota kinabalu yan from last year's vacation. pwede mo nakawin ung hermit pero ung shell bawal haha!

Wow, mayaman na mayaman. affraid
Galing!
How much coconut meat you feed him/her?
Alam mo na gender?
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 am

once a week feeding of coco meat. i feed it more on carrot sticks and watermelon rinds to enhance the reddish coloring of the exoskeleton.

male = noisier (bubbly sounds), larger and rough pincers (with lots of tubercles, ridges and bulkier pincers

female = maingay sa enclo pag full moon, smooth and flat pincers.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 am

dlonelyboy wrote:
once a week feeding of coco meat. i feed it more on carrot sticks and watermelon rinds to enhance the reddish coloring of the exoskeleton.

male = noisier (bubbly sounds), larger and rough pincers (with lots of tubercles, ridges and bulkier pincers

female = maingay sa enclo pag full moon, smooth and flat pincers.

Then I'd better find a male instead.
Since breeding in captivity has never occured and I believe will never occur..
But malay natin. Smile
Ikaw yung unang breeder. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 am

they need access to seawater to breed e.

good thing male and female hermits have the same lifespan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 am

dlonelyboy wrote:

they need access to seawater to breed e.

good thing male and female hermits have the same lifespan Very Happy

I second that. What I just want is a bulky, a bit rough-looking hermit crab who wanders like a dog inside my room. LMAO. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 am

dlonelyboy wrote:

Ayun oh, namimigay! Applicable din ba sakin to sir? applause
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:45 am

sure if you can go to manila hehe.

@adrian vincent: that's a bad idea if you have papers, clothes and other soft stuff within the hermit crabs reach. naiwan ko kasi ung gloves ko that i use to grab my monitor lizard lying around. the next day may butas na hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Adrian Vincent
Adrian Vincent

Male
Location Baguio City

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 am

@Mazach: Let's go Manila. LMAO.

@dlonelyboy: They think it's edible! hahaha. Kasi pag iniwan ko sa room ko, it will clean it up using its mouth and claws instead. affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:11 pm

hahaha! never again. anyways speaking of hermit crabs may ibang crab ako na gusto alagaan hehe
Back to top Go down
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:08 am

I'm going to manila on jan 2nd, hahaha! Ang komang ko ha, lol!
@adrian vincent: komangs are actually edible, i watched andrew zimmern of bizzare foods eat it
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:20 am

haha sure but they're not as big as my sebastian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ang Aking Komang   Ang Aking Komang - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ang Aking Komang
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next