Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb

Go down 
+7
Mazach
Gagamboy
JODECS
TipplerMG
nicoski
kendall harry
icemanx2
11 posters
AuthorMessage
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:09 am

Share :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

from : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 pm

very helpful info. sir.. thumbs up yan dn sbi ng seller sa akin hehe.. and kung mas lighter color daw eh high venomous dn..
Back to top Go down
nicoski
Super

Super  Moderator

Male
Location Zamboanga City

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm

+1 boss Iceman! idol tlaga Very Happy

kendall harry wrote:
very helpful info. sir.. thumbs up yan dn sbi ng seller sa akin hehe.. and kung mas lighter color daw eh high venomous dn..

hndi reliable yung coloration lang Smile Examples are P.trans and A.bicolor..
Back to top Go down
kendall harry
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
kendall harry

Male
Location baguio city

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 pm

nicoski wrote:

kendall harry wrote:

ai hehe Very Happy thanks sir..
Back to top Go down
icemanx2
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
icemanx2

Male
Location Manila

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 pm

nicoski wrote:

kendall harry wrote:

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
TipplerMG
Pet Master
Pet Master
TipplerMG

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:29 pm

The rule of thumb for scorpions is that the larger the pincers, the weaker the venom; species with big claws, after all, can snatch their food without completely paralyzing it first.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One rule of thumb when dealing with scorpions is that the bigger the scorpion and it's pincers, the less potent the venom of the scorpion. (NOTE: There ARE exceptions to this rule. Do not rule out a scorpions venom due to it's size being large.)

There is a simple way to determine if a scorpion is highly venomous, or only slightly venomous. If a scorpion has a thick tail and small pincers it is more venomous than species with large, powerful pincers and thin tails. The two examples below show two extremes as far as their venom strength is concerned.

drinks
Back to top Go down
JODECS
Super

Super  Moderator
JODECS

Male
Location EARTH

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 am

Simple lang masasabi ko dito... dapat kahit level 1 treat it as highly venomous as possible coz a person will never know if allergic cya sa venom ....if delayed ang pagpunta sa Hospital then taas ang chance papahamak ang patient... treat all specimens with care para iwas disgrascya

tnx for sharing iceman2x..... (",)
Back to top Go down
Gagamboy
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Gagamboy

Male
Location Metro Manila

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 am

Nice info. sir drinks
Back to top Go down
http://pep.nstars.org
Mazach
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
Mazach

Male
Location Middle earth

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 am

+1 kay sir jodecs...
Level 5 scorps= deads ka
Level 1 scorps=anaphylactic shock= deads ka din, baka mas mabilis pa sa level 5
Pero takot ako sa mga level 5 na scorps, or even 4, hehe
Back to top Go down
dondon
dondon

Male
Location Taguig City / Caybiga Caloocan

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 am

And may nabasa din ako na yung origin ng scorps, usually pag mainit yung natural jabitat nila mas mataas yung venom like desert scorps. Kasi mas concentrated yung venom nila compared sa mga forest scorps na mas colder nag temp.
Back to top Go down
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:18 am

dondon wrote:
And may nabasa din ako na yung origin ng scorps, usually pag mainit yung natural jabitat nila mas mataas yung venom like desert scorps. Kasi mas concentrated yung venom nila compared sa mga forest scorps na mas colder nag temp.

di rin po yan reliable info sir, there are scorpions in china and russia na nasa level 4
Back to top Go down
dondon
dondon

Male
Location Taguig City / Caybiga Caloocan

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm

dlonelyboy wrote:
dondon wrote:

di rin po yan reliable info sir, there are scorpions in china and russia na nasa level 4
Yes hindi nga, napanood ko din yun sa youtube about scorp docu. Siguro hindi lahat pero most of them. Peace out! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
ivor
ivor

Male
Location philippines

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 am

icemanx2 wrote:
nicoski wrote:

kendall harry wrote:
very helpful info. sir.. thumbs up yan dn sbi ng seller sa akin hehe.. and kung mas lighter color daw eh high venomous dn..

hndi reliable yung coloration lang :)Examples are P.trans and A.bicolor..
Thanks Smile

yes indeed.another ones Androctonus Cassicauda or grey fattailed lol
Back to top Go down
MJKC23
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
MJKC23

Male
Location Pasig Mandaluyong Cainta

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:22 pm

TipplerMG wrote:
The rule of thumb for scorpions is that the larger the pincers, the weaker the venom; species with big claws, after all, can snatch their food without completely paralyzing it first.

One rule of thumb when dealing with scorpions is that the bigger the scorpion and it's pincers, the less potent the venom of the scorpion.  (NOTE: There ARE exceptions to this rule.  Do not rule out a scorpions venom due to it's size being large.)

There is a simple way to determine if a scorpion is highly venomous, or only slightly venomous. If a scorpion has a thick tail and small pincers it is more venomous than species with large, powerful pincers and thin tails. The two examples below show two extremes as far as their venom strength is concerned.

drinks
Nice. . .
JODECS wrote:
Simple lang masasabi ko dito... dapat kahit level 1 treat it as highly venomous as possible coz a person will never know if allergic cya sa venom ....if delayed ang pagpunta sa Hospital then  taas ang chance papahamak ang patient... treat all specimens with care para iwas disgrascya

tnx for sharing iceman2x..... (",)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb   scorpion - Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpion venomosity rule of thumb
Page 1 of 1