Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Interesting Gecko - Scorpion Relationship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dlonelyboy
Pet Legend
Pet Legend
dlonelyboy

Male
Location Carpentaria

gecko - Interesting Gecko - Scorpion Relationship Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Gecko - Scorpion Relationship   gecko - Interesting Gecko - Scorpion Relationship I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:03 pm

taken from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

interesting that Hadogenes sp have geckos that live in the cracks with them, are Pachydactylus a larger species of gecko. i would never try keeping geckos with Hadogenes everything ive read and experienced with captive ones leads me to feel they would make a meal out of a gecko if they caught one.
i started piecing together a strong connection between Coleonyx variegatus variegatus and Vaejovis spinigerus over 10 years ago after discovering Coleonyx likes to mimic scorpions and witnessed some amazing things between those two species in captivity. in the wild we theorize the Coleonyx protect the V.spinigerus from being discovered by ants and in return the Vaejovis protects the Coleonyx from things that would enter the burrows looking to eat them. ive witnessed in captivity both scorpion and geckos working together to dig burrows as well as seeking each other out when looking for a place to sleep. ive seen hungry Vaejovis spinigerus rush at Coleonyx at night going for a kill stop dead in their tracks and stroll off the other direction as soon as making physical contact with the geckos and ive seen 12 frightened Coleonyx variegatus variegatus trample a sleeping scorpion who only reaction was to draw its tail and claws in till the stampede was over then head to the entrance of the burrow to see what caused all the commotion. if any other animal had done this im pretty confident the scorpion would not of acted in the same manner, even twards its own kind. all this said a pregnant scorpion i would expect to kill the geckos haveing been told by a friend the dwarf frog eyed gecko (what ever that is) he had living with a pair of Androctonus australias for years was killed (as was the male scorpion) by the female scorpion prior to it giving birth.

now then since yall know a little about what im up to here can someone kindly confirm the ID on these geckos in the photo as Coleonyx variegatus bogerti or tell me what i need to do to confirm it, i would really like to try and get off spring out of them for my project if its legal here in Cal.

pics courtesy of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sana bukod sa gecko pwede rin isama scorpion sa ibang animals like tarantula or snakes LOL (Asa haha) lol!
Back to top Go down

Interesting Gecko - Scorpion Relationship
Page 1 of 1