Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Bite from Brachypelma genus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

brachypelma - Bite from Brachypelma genus Empty
PostSubject: Bite from Brachypelma genus   brachypelma - Bite from Brachypelma genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:55 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This Article from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Brachypelma smithi
Reported by: Allen Nelson
"Well, I make another (censored) mistake, and that lands me with a bite from Brachypelma smithi, the second tarantula to ever bite me. I was quite surprised at the consequence, there hardly was any! I was going to pick the animal up using the pin-down method, but she turned skittish and tried to squeeze from under my grip and bit me on the left index finger. At first, I was kinda scared at the sight of her opening her fangs and going for my finger, and she planted them firmly in, making them go all the way in, and held on for about a second. Well, I only experienced some pain that felt about like two big pin-pricks in my finger when she did it. When she let go, I put her down, and went to wash my finger thoroughly with soap and water. Minutes after, slight redness and swelling directly around the site of the bite. The only pain is a very slight burning, and if you touch it, it stings a little. But that is it. You can see two definite holes in my left index finger, though, as I think she drove her fangs quite deep. No other symptoms have arisen as of yet. I was expecting something like a wasp sting from this species like people say, but I can't say that a wasp sting was that inconsequential!"

Reported by: Steve Miller
"...I have kept a collection of Brachypelma smithi for years now and have been bitten only once. This doesn't count the "dry bite" I first received. The situation was a loose Red-Knee in my shop/garage, trying to locate it after hours with a red lens flashlight. I had exhausted all locations in my search including behind some curtains that hung up in there. As I made my way for the door in the dark, after turning out the flashlight and giving up hope, I felt as if I had brushed my hand into something sharp. This wouldn't be uncommon as I have a sheet metal shop there. I rubbed my hand against my leg in reaction then I felt it! There was another reaction then of me flinging my hand backwards and then I realized what had happened. It had been on me since I looked behind the drapes and was traveling towards the floor when I so rudely interrupted it with my arms moving in stride. I flipped the light switch on to see where it went and look at my hand. I had two small scratches that were the effect of the "dry bite" and two small punctures. I immediately poured hydrogen peroxide on them and watched it foam. I would say the adrenalin rush was the biggest thing to get my heart pounding. The effects were a couple hours of stinging and tingling in my left thumb region. Very similar to the effects of the "stinging nettles" weed we encounter here in Michigan. There were no other effects I noticed different than a typical bee sting, except I do have a small scar there now. The B.smithi was approximately 2 1/2"- 3" and was only reacting in self-defense. I did manage to find the little devil about a month later. Funny how much smaller it was as I feed them everyday..."

Reported By: Deanp33@...
"You know out of 21 years of keeping many species of T's, the only real solid bite I received, was from a Brachypelma smithi in 1979. She was a good sized female, freshly wildcaught, and bit my upper chest as I was trying to coax her off of my shirt.
The puncture wounds were deep, and there was immediate bleeding and sharp pain in the area. Aside from the actual punctures though, there wasnt any extra- ordianary pain that followed. One other thing to note is that the bite area did not heal well as I went swimming in a pond in the days following the bite which caused an infection in the biten area. 2 small scars are still there today. She quickly gained my full respect and she actually went on to become one of my most docile T's I have ever owned. It was a sad day when she passed. I will try to dig up some pics of her and post them to the pix list."
Back to top Go down
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

PostSubject: Bite from Brachypelma Vagans   brachypelma - Bite from Brachypelma genus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 am

Research first before collect for starters:

This Article from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Species: Brachypelma vagans
Reported by: Mark Kent
"ok, i have never been taged i am not known as the cat for nothing ie quick reactions,drunk or sober ok ive had a few up my arms,hair, chest but still the force is strong with me.
my son however got tagged at around 4 years old he is now 8, i was feeding the ts when the phone rang i turned around to answer it he then dicided to pick up a 50mm vagan in a scooping crushing movement. he got bitten in the palm ,reaction well he cried there were also two puncture wounds .if anyone knows kids he maybe cried for 2 minnutes (it was the shock i think)before his mum came and shall i say tore a strip outa me,revenge on the t was swift and rapid i had put it back on in a plastic container which was still on the floor the little horror then stamped on it repeatidly but i did not have the nerve to tell him off."

Species: Brachypelma vagans
Reported by: Bryant Capiz
Gave "his and hers" redrumps to a couple at their wedding. One person loved it, the other slammed it back into his hand. The spider lived, but bit him in the palm in the process. He felt a pain in his armpit for a few days after that.
Back to top Go down
goodrichard_21
Grand Pet Master
Grand Pet Master
goodrichard_21

Male
Location Caloocan City

PostSubject: Bite From Brachypelma Albopilosum   brachypelma - Bite from Brachypelma genus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Research first before collect...

This article came from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Specie: Brachypelma Albopilosum

Report by:Stu

Well my VERY docile curly gave me a shock today when it decided to attack my finger.

He is only a little guy - maybe 2 1/2 to 3 inch leg span.

I was cleaning out left over food from his tank when he leaped from his burrow and tagged me on the finger.

No reaction at all, the poor little guy hardly even pierced the skin. Just ended up with 2 little pinprick holes in my finger

Guess its a good lesson to learn since im new to keeping T's - even the most docile can suprise you.

cheers,

Stu

Report by: ShadowBlade

Ah, nothing incredible. I was handfeeding a 3"er, (the only one I handfeed!) and she tried to get the crik. Turns out, I'd left my finger too close to it. One fang in the crik, the other in my thumb. Since she was trying to kill it, I got venom in me. Very little local swelling, a little redness. Like no pain. But don't expect much more from one that size.

Report by: Redneck

Well.. This is my first bite repot... Soo.. To make it simple.. My little albopilosum of only 2.5'' DLS mistaked my finger for the cricket.. Not her fault! I was shewing a little cricket to her.. She jumped for it.. Missed it and got me index finger tip.. It has been about 20 minutes since the bite.. It got a little numb for a few minutes.. No swelling.. No redness.. The numbness is almost gone..

Welcome to my moment of ignorance.. Next time I will get my tongs!

Report by: BertWright

My only bite came about a year ago (I recorded the date, but don't have it now - Fall 2009). Anyway, I had a cage get flipped over and I picked up my Brachypelma albopilosum Honduran Curly Hair tarantula - adult female and I had just picked her up, covered in substrate, I was worried that she'd been hurt and wasn't worried about getting bit, but I picked her up with my fingers underneath her and practically in her mouth - no wonder I was bitten - that was my first and only bite from my tarantulas and I have kept them for years.

This bite was probably a dry bite as I had two holes, no bleeding, no numbing, just localized redness - it felt like a mouse or hamster bite (to me) - Immediately as she bit me and as I realized that I did have my finger on her fangs and was bitten, I flipped her back into the substrate, she landed on her back with legs wiggling and luckily she was o.k. as I FREAKED OUT and shouldn't have - I felt bad for reacting the way that I did - but, when you keep tarantulas you must always keep your head about yourself as I have hurt my T's a few times from just NOT thinking things through properly - I'm getting better though and try to keep all sanity in occasional times of insanity, chaos or confusion. O.K., that is my first (and only) bite report - and oddly enough as Curly Hairs are among my favorites I was surprised to be nailed by one of what I call my most docile tarantulas - that's what you get when you stick fingers in their mouth, silly! - and, I'm sorry, as having some very hungry Pterhinochillus murinus Usambara tarantulas that will flat out tackle and NAIL food, I can't imagine trying to 'hand feed' a tarantula - heir eyesight ain't that good - which is about as smart as feeding a hand to a tarantula. O.K., keep it civil, tarantulas are easy to keep and if your mind your basic keeping rules, you should never be bitten.

Bert Wright
Fellow Tarantula Keeper/Enthusiast
Back to top Go down
raiden07
raiden07

Male
Location Pasay

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Brachypelma genus   brachypelma - Bite from Brachypelma genus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Bite from male Brachypelma vagans 4 inches:

Picture picture sa sampayan.. Nahulog yung kinalalagyan nyang plastic container.. Buti na lang may lamang cocopeat yung container.. So far so good.. Habang pinupwesto ko sya sa magandang posisyon tumakbo sya sa likod ng mga halaman.. Dinukot ko sya sa mulasa likod ng paso at dun ko naramdaman yung fangs nya bumaon sa dulo ng left ring finger ko yung isang fang pa nga sa ilalim ng kuko pumasok.. Sa ayun kalmado ko syang pinulot at nilagay sa container at pinasok na sa kwarto tapos lumabas uli ng sampayan at nag sisisigaw.. masakit eh!! Ang sensation nya parang matinding paso pero constant yung sakit at pumipintig pa.. Mga 5 mins siguro yun tapos nun humupa na pero ramdam ko pa din yung sakit.. Manhid yung buong daliri ko tapos ngalay yung wrist.. Yung ngalay nawala sya within a day pero yung manhid mga 5 days din bago nawala.. 5 days din medyo tender yung dulo ng daliri ko pati masakit pag natatapik..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bite from Brachypelma genus   brachypelma - Bite from Brachypelma genus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bite from Brachypelma genus
Page 1 of 1